Who We Are
EtQ is the leader in Quality and Environmental Health and Safety Management Software Solutions with over 20 years of experience in enterprise software applications and compliance management. We are the preferred solution for Fortune 100 companies and startup companies alike. Some of the organizations we partner with are Boar’s Head, Chobani, FujiFilm, American Airlines, Kimberly-Clark and General Electric.
Who are Our Employees
At EtQ, it is all about our employees! Our employees are encouraged to think big and collaborate every day. We ensure that each employee is not only aware of our strategic vision; they are a part of it. This is because we know that our employees are critical components to EtQ’s ever-growing success.
This role will be charged with helping us scale our engineering capabilities, and support making the right technical decisions about the future of our products. In this role you’ll build, manage, develop, and lead multiple local engineering teams. You’ll also team up with the Chief Architect, and VP Engineer to provide technical/people leadership to the development organization.
- Lead the charge in providing our engineers with a world class SaaS engineering environment. Ensure they have the tools, processes, and assets in place to put great product into production
- Understand your engineering team’s capabilities, and ensure your teams are able to build the right products in the right timeframes to both keep our customers happy, and create long term value
- Have an opinion on how we can stay current with modern software development techniques, both in terms of what we need to change, and what needs to be preserved
- Implement continuous monitoring and improvement for software development activities.
- Work closely with team leads to supervise and manage software development units including software development, project coordination and technical writing.
- Set goals for team members, monitor performance, and assess results.
- Manage professional development for team members and ensure training is aligned with strategic goals.
- Facilitate and moderate sprint activities, including sprint planning, reviews, and retrospectives.
Qualification & Skills
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering management / leadership
- 10+ years of experience of overall technical experience, at least 5 of which was in a technical hands-on role.
- 2+ years of experience building SaaS products is required
- Must have a strong management skillset and a well developed sense of how to grow and sustain highly productive teams
- Experience working in an agile environment, and driving agile best practices. Scrum experience would be even better
- Experienced working with agile processes in Jira
- B.S. degree in Computer Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or other related degrees