At Markforged, we are on a mission to unlock the next 10x innovation in design and manufacturing. We build an Industrial 3D Printing Platform to liberate designers and engineers from decades-old, slow part creation processes. NASA, Google, Ford, Amazon, Siemens and thousands of companies in over 50 countries use Markforged to print same-day prototypes and produce stronger end-use parts than they did before. With Markforged, customers are able to ship 50X faster, spend 20X less, and build products that are 23X stronger.
The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for sustaining product quality, process design, production efficiency, supplier management, driving product cost reduction and product consistency.
In this role you will:
- Drive production and quality excellence for assigned product area
- Support operations external manufacturing and contract manufacturing model
- Set cost saving goals and manufacturing KPIs and create reporting mechanism to track results
- Lead design and implementation of tooling and fixtures to support assembly and process control
- Work on dual sourcing initiatives and supplier launch initiatives
- Lead VA/VE and Kaizen events Create value stream maps for key processes and identify operational/technical risks
- Identify DFM/A opportunities and perform cost/benefit analysis
What we are looking for
- Bachelor's degree in engineering (ME, MFG, or IE preferred)
- 2+ years related product-based electromechanical experience
- Skilled in CAD applications and solid model creation/interpretation
- Passion for manufacturing and continuous improvement
- Willingness to travel for extended 1-2 week periods outside the country
- Skills to analyse and resolve production assembly problems
- Strong analytical skills with a desire to apply them toward real-world manufacturing
- Experience with production best practices such as LEAN, 5S and Six Sigma
- Ability to independently lead and support projects with a sharp attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and collaborative approach
- Expertise in Solidworks and EPDM
- Experience as lead technical interface with production contract manufacturers
- Fluency in Spanish
- At Markforged, we have a culture that values learning, data-driven decision making, and prioritization
- We learn from failure and are not afraid to keep trying after others have given up
- We are a team of talented individuals and are looking to grow with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of improving how the world innovates
- We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more
- Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks.
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description