Materials Laboratory Technician
At Markforged, we are on a mission to unlock the next 10x innovation in design and manufacturing. We build an Industrial 3D Printing Platform to liberate designers and engineers from decades-old, slow part creation processes. NASA, Google, Ford, Amazon, Siemens and thousands of companies in 50 countries use Markforged to print same-day prototypes and produce stronger end-use parts than they did before. With Markforged, customers are able to ship 50X faster, spend 20X less, and build products that are 23X stronger.
Whether you are an experienced laboratory technician looking to be part of a fast growing company, or recently out of school looking to refine your laboratory skills Markforged can be a fit for you. As a Materials Laboratory Technician, you will support materials research and development. You will operate analytical equipment, run experiments and perform maintenance on materials test equipment. You will work directly with materials engineers and scientists, contributing to a collaborative and productive work environment.
· Characterize plastic and metal materials with a variety of analytical equipment (Mechanical, Thermal, Electrical properties) under the guidance of materials scientists
· Record data, summarize findings, and present results to the Materials team
· Ensure lab equipment is properly calibrated and perform necessary maintenance
· Use and maintain the chemical inventory system
· Comply with safety and protective equipment regulations
· A Bachelor's degree in Materials Science, Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering or related. An associates or technical degree with relevant experience will be considered
· Demonstrated success with documentation
· Attention to detail and organization skills
· Ability to learn new technologies quickly
· Have enthusiasm in 3D printing
· Ability to lift samples and stock lab materials
Read Full Job Description