Network Cloud Engineer
The Network Cloud Engineer provides the leadership to design, implement and manage a network cloud infrastructure that supports network service provisioning, operations and optimization within the infrastructure teams. This role will focus on supporting both public and private network connectivity with a comprehensive approach to security. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the continual development and improvement of tools, processes and procedures associated with platform operations. This position requires a multi-team, cross-functional approach to meeting business needs.
The Infrastructure Engineer works closely with the other groups within the business - networking, data center, storage, security and architecture and is expected to have, maintain, and develop knowledge in multiple technical areas. As an integral part of the infrastructure support team, you will learn what is necessary to successfully operate a cloud service platform that supports 1000's of enterprise customers, while at the same time honing your technical skills across a wide variety of disciplines.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to Engineering and Infrastructure team members.
- Identify gaps in current tooling environment and develop plans to address
- Act as a liaison to systems and other infrastructure teams to better utilize Cloud tooling and automation platforms.
- Identify and implement additional areas of network automation to streamline engineering and operations
- Evaluate operational support model to refine alerting/reporting to further improve uptime and related metrics
- Use automation to improve alerting or establish “self-healing” capability within the environment
- Support the documentation of the tools and automation strategy.
- Strong analytical skills about the use of current use and consumption of network management and related tooling platforms
- Scripting skills (Ansible, Python, Shell, C++)
- Deep understanding of management protocols and their implementation (specifically SNMP variants and Syslog) Linux, Shell, powershell
- Strong background in networking technologies (LAN, WAN, and Firewall), Routing protocols BGP, OSPF) MPLS, QoS, and Unified Communications protocol implementations (SIP, RTP, H.323)
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of open source automation tools (Ansible)
- Professional Level certifications/training
- Juniper and or Juniper CLI experience
Bachelor's degree in a technical field preferred. Relevant work experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.