POS C# Developer
Here are some of the problems we get to solve:
- How can we make it easy for innovative businesses to accept and track LevelUp sales, discounts, gift cards, and tips so they can keep their most loyal customers happy?
- How can we integrate LevelUp as a first class payment method into platforms as diverse as Android and iOS mobile devices, Windows based applications, mobile and web based eCommerce platforms, and more?
- How can we deploy, troubleshoot, and maintain our software out in the real-world under less-than-ideal conditions?
- How do we ensure our code is robust, stable, and complete?
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle:
- C# and .NET software development to support new LevelUp features on existing supported POS systems and build LevelUp into new unsupported POS systems.
- Design and implementation of our C# .NET API used by our internal team and third-party developers to build LevelUp into POS systems.
- Build and maintain automated integration and unit tests.
- Collaborate internally with customer account teams and externally with technical partners to deliver a robust and fully featured product that LevelUp merchants and consumers count on every day.
- Provide guidance and support to technology partners and third-party software developers to integrate LevelUp into their POS and eCommerce products.
You Should Have:
- 4+ years professional software development experience in a modern object oriented language with a focus on .NET technologies preferred
- Experience with object oriented coding and design principles
- Team player with excellent written and spoken English communication skills
- Self-directed, solution-oriented problem solver who enjoys owning projects from design through release and beyond
- Familiarity with a variety of software engineering tools including but not limited to version control systems, debuggers, test tools, and release management software
- Interest and desire to learn and spread knowledge
- Computer Science degree or related technical discipline, or equivalent practical experience
- Proficiency with Nerf® weaponry a plus
Got These? Even Better:
- Experience managing software releases and dependencies using Continuous Integration tools, NuGet, Chocolatey, etc.
- UI expertise on Microsoft Windows (WPF, WinForms)
- Experience with mobile development (Android, iOS, or Windows Phone)
- Development experience with an Open Source community driven software project
- POS or eCommerce software development experience
What you could learn while working with us:
- Experience building and maintaining a diverse platform upon which many integrations are built
- SDK and API design and support for a variety of programming platforms/languages
- How to design and utilize RESTful web service APIs
- Distributed version control expertise with Git
- High-value knowledge developing software for point-of-sale systems
- Expertise producing high quality software that is unit tested, code reviewed, and vetted by a thorough QA process which includes manual and automated testing
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.