Principal Release Engineer
How does a state minimize fatalities from tornados? How does a company minimize employee risk in the face of a global bomb threat? How does a health system communicate in real time, while at scale? At Everbridge you'll be solving the communication challenges of a modern economy at tremendous scale. We are seeking a Principal Release Engineer to support CI/CD SDLC tools and practices, aligning with delivering our flagship SaaS-based platform running a Java/JS/Spring/MongoDB/Elasticsearch stack.
This position offers the right candidate an opportunity to participate in three of the fastest growing segments of the Internet – SaaS, IoT, and the AWS Cloud! The DevOps Engineer will participate in implementing a continuous integration build and release process, manage source code and other software tooling, oversee artifact management, and managing and monitoring the automated build and continuous integration workflow and environment.
About the Team:
- As a member of our Engineering team in Burlington, you will join a team of bright, fast paced DevOps engineers, distributed between the Burlington and Pasadena offices. Here, you will integrate tightly with the engineering team supporting a diverse set of organizations including Development, Quality, Operations and other shared services teams.
- Technical leadership in the transformation to microservices-oriented CI/CD pipelines with infrastructure, orchestration, and CI pipeline as code
- Create and integrate build processes
- Establish standards for build artifact management and build configuration
- Provide documentation for change management and best practices
- Coordinate code merges and deployments with DEV and QA teams
- Integrate existing tools and develop new tools and scripts to improve the build infrastructure
- Drive best practice release and deployment process and maintenance activities
- Define, develop, implement, document and evolve continuous integration tooling and standards
- Participate in integrating automated test, quality metrics and deployment in the software build process
- Manage existing tools and systems while transitioning to improved processes and methods
- Perform release and branch change management
- Communicate effectively with other engineers in a positive and collaborative manner
- Collaborate with Development, QA, Operations and other teams to ensure a smooth transition of deliverables through proper release channels
- Perform configuration management for pre-release environments
- 10+ years of overall technical work, with 5-8 years’ experience in developing build solutions and development tools required
- 2+ years of experience with AWS administration, configuration design, and automated practices
- Experience with Maven/Jenkins or equivalent open source CI in a UNIX/Linux environment, especially Debian and Ubuntu
- Experience expanding build/CI environments to use add-on tools like SonarQube to standardize coding rules, calculate code complexity, and unit/integration test coverage
- Strong tools administration experience such as GitHub Enterprise, Artifactory, Jenkins, Sonar, Atlassian tools.
- Experience with binary repository management
- Strong experience with configuration and orchestration tools Salt/Terraform/Packer and dependency management tools such as SBT, Maven, and Gradle.
- Command line scripting mastery
- Understands the SDLC and how processes and tools and support it
- Ability to work effectively with product management, software development and quality assurance
- Experience with release management and release packaging
- Experience with Jenkins 2+ DSL pipelines
- Experience in setting up software development process through ALM software like JIRA
- Experience with scaled agile tools like AgileCraft
- Working knowledge of unit testing practices
- Passion for Experience with build and release automation
- Experience with managing projects with multiple dependencies
Our team makes a difference during the most difficult times and challenging situations. Our people are dedicated to solving problems. Our software was built to save lives. Our unifying mission is to keep people safe and businesses running.
Headquartered in the great cities of Boston and Los Angeles, with operations all over the world, our team of 500+ dedicated employees support over 3,700 global customers every day in their most crucial moments. During public safety threats such as active shooter situations, terrorist attacks or severe weather conditions, as well as critical business events such as IT outages or cyber-attack incidents, customers rely on our SaaS-based platform to quickly and reliably aggregate and assess threat data, locate people at risk and responders able to assist, automate the execution of pre-defined communications processes, and track progress on executing response plans.
Our culture is all about “Making a Difference,” and we are proud to serve:
- 9 of the 10 largest U.S. cities
- 9 of the 10 largest U.S.-based investment banks
- 25 of the 25 busiest North American airports
- 6 of the 10 largest global automakers
- Over 1,000 Hospitals
As we continue to grow and transform the field of critical event management, we need passionate, committed individuals to help us carry out our mission. Click here to learn more about what we do.
Do you think you have what it takes to make a difference? Apply to be a part of our award-winning team today!
Everbridge is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, or sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.