Principal Software Engineer - Backend
About Kyruus Engineering
- You have 6-10 years’ experience developing commercial SaaS software using modern architectures and design patterns for performance, scalability, availability, and seamless deployment.
- You enjoy coding and deliver high-quality, robustly designed, easy-to-reason-about software with your proficiency in Python and ability to use Flask to build microservices.
- You have experience in at least one of –
- Data pipeline infrastructure and tools such as job scheduling, bash scripting, JSON manipulation, SQL, and schema design.
- Developing ETL tools and big data management systems with knowledge of data cleansing, quality, and governance principles.
- Experience with creating or using 3rd party tools for normalizing vocabulary with big data integrations
- Knowledgeable with streamlining and automating data pipeline infrastructures
- You embrace and thrive in an Agile development environment. You are able to translate user stories and requirements into functional designs, and then break them down into the parts that you can build.
- You are able to troubleshoot issues, identify root cause of errors in code, and provide effective solutions. You take responsibility for quality and always write comprehensive unit and functional tests.
- You are skilled at communicating your ideas and designs to your teammates, actively ask for help, seek opportunities to share relevant knowledge, and enjoy mentoring.
- You are comfortable using Amazon Web Service components (e.g., EC2, S3, EMR, ELB, Lambda) to build scalable, resilient solutions.
- You have knowledge of managing and optimizing scalable and distributed databases, SQL and/or NoSQL.
- You have knowledge of performance optimization, parallelization, and distributed systems.
- You believe continuous integration and monitoring is important, and have familiarity with tools such as Jenkins, NewRelic, and Sentry.