Principal Software Engineer
Agero is a leading provider of vehicle driver and safely, security and information services including roadside assistance, consumer affairs and claims management services. The company protects 80 million vehicle owners in partnership with leading automobile manufactures, insurance carriers and others. Managing one of the largest national networks of service providers, Agero responds to more than 10 million requests annually for emergency assistance. 75% of new passenger vehicles sold in the US use Agero solutions and 11 of the top 15 insurance companies leverage our services. Agero’s award winning solutions leverage advances in technology and information services to accelerate and enhance response to drivers needs while strengthening customer loyalty. Agero is a member company of Cross Country Group, is headquartered in Medford, Ma with operations throughout north America. Agero has revenues of $1B+ and 3,500 employees.
THIS IS A TEMP-TO-HIRE OPPORTUNITY
DESCRIPTION SUMMARY: Designs, troubleshoots, and maintains logical designs of n-tier, component-based enterprise application systems utilizing a component-based platform that leverages XML Web services. Supports existing business systems applications and their underlying infrastructure. Ensures that application design aligns with the organization’s strategic technology direction. Provides consultation in regard to application design assistance, technical requirement specification, and level of effort estimates. Recommends strategies for improving system applications with a focus on ease of deployment, security, reliability, stability, and performance.
- Drives the development of a global system and software architecture.
- Senior technical contributor on multiple software development projects and assigns tasks to junior engineers, oversees the execution of tasks and provides mentorship and guidance as needed.
- Contributes to business requirement definition and use case design as technical expert.
- Plans and executes “zero down-time” software deployments.
- Converts business requirements into architectural designs and detailed technical designs.
- Identifies tasks, effort and dependencies based on software architecture and specifications.
- Translates designs and specifications into software components and writes software code/components using VB.NET, C#, PL/SQL and/or C++.
- Develops data layer and objects using object-oriented design skills and expertise with Oracle and/or SQL Server database programs to write SQL code and database programs.
- Defines test cases, leads code reviews and generates and maintains relevant documentation.
- Provides tier three software issue analysis and resolution for .NET, PowerBuilder and other based applications.
- Develop and maintain continuous deployment architectures
- Deployment of services and applications to AWS
- Serve on the on-call rotation with other engineers on the team
EDUCATION:Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent technical education/experience.
5-7 years software application development and design experience.
2-4 years experience integrating with an Oracle RDBMS required.
Familiarity with AWS or Azure, the Mono framework, Angular.js, HTML, and CSS
- Familiarity with various design, architectural patterns and continuous integration
Object-oriented programming and analysis skills. Practical experience with XML and HTML. Demonstrated expertise with application level security concepts. Experience required with system analysis, design and architecture. Experience with API Gateway as well as AWS Lambdas. Strong technology experience required developing multi-tiered systems and technical writing skills. Knowledge of process life-cycle analysis, project management methodologies and project planning methodologies.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: Works in a team environment on cross-functional teams. Must be able to work with both business users and software developers. Works with peers to understand and take ownership of enterprise application infrastructure. Negotiates effectively with business stakeholders pros/cons of a particular technology approach.
COMPLEXITY: Demonstrates initiative and self-motivation. Utilizes strong decision making skills, time management and communicates well with other team members. Identifies problems and recommends/implements solutions. Demonstrates ability to write clear, concise technical documentation.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Sets and works within deadlines. Must be able to manage client expectations as they relate to project scope. Participates in meetings and conference calls with clients.