Product Systems Engineer
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring ground-breaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Clever tricks and novel technologies aren’t the only things you need to make a successful product. The rest comes from sound engineering decision making, an understanding of where different technologies should be applied, and a holistic design perspective. The Systems Design team strives to continuously build and improve a technical platform which we use to turn bleeding edge R+D concepts into robust products.
Our Product Systems Engineers are highly independent, multidisciplinary individuals who get thrown at some of the most difficult challenges Formlabs has to offer. We expect our engineers to jump into a team at any stage of the product design cycle to ensure we build the right thing. If you are someone who likes to solve complex problems, we want you to join our team as a Product Systems Engineer.
- Turn product requirements into technical specifications for controller and algorithm behavior and validate performance
- Prototype and harden calibration techniques for laser pointing, temperature control, and other systems
- Collaborate with software engineers to turn prototype software into production software
- Implement and validate diagnostic tools for remote printer debugging
- Design fixtures and experiments to characterize system behavior
- Build tolerance analyses based on printing requirements to aid the mechanical engineering team in designing products
- Root cause and issue tracking analysis for new products
- Have 3+ years of technical experience in electromechanical design
- Experience coding with Python and C++
- Regularly use analytical and experimental techniques to drive design decisions
- Are able and willing to dive into hands-on debugging, assembly, and calibration of complex electromechanical systems
- Have a natural ability to align the goals and needs of different teams and collaborate effectively across disciplines
- Experience with electromechanical consumer products
- Experience with DSP and state-space controllers
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.