Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
CA Veracode, the Application Security experts and a division of CA Technologies, is looking to add a proven senior-level thought leader to our team to focus on our overall Quality Engineering planning and initiatives. This important role will give the incumbent an opportunity to work with our entire engineering organization and lead the planning, decision-making and execution of how we implement the most appropriate quality tools and processes needed for our rapidly growing company. If you are a senior quality engineering leader with track record of successfully guiding an organizations efforts in this area, and are looking for an opportunity to make a major impact in a firm that is setting new standards in the Application Security market, then we want to speak with you.
- Define a holistic strategy for quality engineering at CA Veracode, considering functionality, performance, security, availability, scalability, and end to end testing.
- Development and ownership of automated QA pipeline that is integrated with CI/CD pipeline for various types of artifacts (frontend and backend). Hands-on research and PoC to identify best-in-class quality tools and operationalize those at CA Veracode.
- Hands-on automation test suite and framework development for high profile initiatives.
- Balance hands-on activities with leadership, setting technical direction, evangelizing quality across the organization. leading and mentoring software engineers. On a day-to-day basis, work closely with developers, quality engineers, and DevOps engineers.
- Hold teams accountable for the effectiveness of quality processes in their products. Work hands-on with selected teams to implement the standard pipelines for their products.
- Develop and operationalize quality metrics and reporting showing detailed results and trends. Metrics should measure effectiveness, coverage, regression, and cost reduction.
- Having worked in a leadership role where you can manage by influence
- Knowledge of Automation and Continuous Integration/Delivery architecture (Jenkins, GitLab or related technologies)
- Deep knowledge in automated testing of internet facing web applications and REST APIs
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence QA, software, and DevOps engineers
- Experience coding effective, maintainable JUnit and Selenium tests
- Solid knowledge of AWS services is a must
- Experience designing and building automation frameworks
- Automating or coding in Java, Python or Node.JS & understanding of Object Oriented Programming and design patterns
- Experience in technologies such as: Cucumber, Specflow and Gherkins
- Experience in test automation for single page web applications written using Angular/React
- Experience working with database(s) (MySQL, SQL, or NoSQL)
- Experience with test management system(s), TestRail, etc.
- Experience with defect management system(s), JIRA experience is a plus.
- Experience with code repository(s), GitHub, GitLab knowledge is preferred.
- Highly analytical, proactive and detail oriented
- Ability to work in a distributed and global environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills ensuring zero ambiguity and clear direction in a manner suiting the audience.
- Experience with open source technologies
- Experience with static and dynamic application security testing
- Experience automating mobile technology
- Blogging about QA, active participation in QA community
More About Working at CA:
CA has earned scores of Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there’s a reason for that. Here you’ll have the opportunity to eliminate barriers for our customers and earn a competitive compensation and total rewards package – all while pushing the boundaries of what’s possible by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short, CA’s fun, diverse, and fast-paced culture has put us on the map as one of the best employers in Information Technology.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.