Quality Assurance Engineer-LifeScore Labs
LifeScore Labs, LLC is a new business unit created by MassMutual to productize selected intellectual property developed by our industry leading data science team. LifeScore Labs is working to bring its first product, the algorithmic underwriting model- LifeScore 360, to the broader insurance carrier market and is putting together a team to move this entrepreneurial venture forward.
We’re hiring a Quality Assurance Engineer to join our team and contribute to this great product. Opportunities are available in our offices located in New York City, Boston Massachusetts, and Springfield Massachusetts.
What great looks like in this role
Our ideal QA Engineer candidate is team-oriented, possesses excellent communication skills, is energized about automation, and has championed the cause in previous experiences. You like to learn new things all the time and enjoy solving problems on a regular basis. You demonstrate collaborative approach to working with others while utilizing feedback to regularly contribute to the team’s delivery of high-quality solutions with speed and agility. With a flat leadership structure, the opportunity for flexibility within role, and development into other areas is a core reason most people desire to work in LifeScore Labs at MassMutual.
Objectives of this role
- Responsible for defining and validating testing strategies for product teams. The QA Engineer will provide test estimates, record, track and report defects to depict the status of the sprint and system stability.
- Partnering with business stakeholders across the team, as well as experts in other areas including data science, to achieve agreed upon goals.
- Learn and master new and emerging technologies and take initiative to offer technical direction and creative solutions.
Daily and monthly responsibilities
- Providing guidance in the creation of standard test environments, unit & UI tests/plans, and test automation scripts.
- Provide functional and regression level, API, and web applications.
- Execute automated functional and regression test cases as well as develop and maintain automated test scripts.
- Work closely with developers, product owners, test leads, engineers, and team members to identify areas and methods to help drive testing efficiencies and expand test coverage and increase product reliability.
- Puts testing on the behalf of the users first and developers second.
- Executes automated test cases on new features and products.
- Maintains Page Object Model Framework for all products supported.
- Identifies and manages all test data required for testing.
- Drives acquiring test data accordingly.
- Oversees or does manual test execution in instances where tests can’t be automated.
- Provides metrics on all testing activities executed.
- Continuously develops new skills to improve testing and automation capabilities of products.
- Bachelor’s degree required in math or computer science or equivalent quantitative field.
- 2 years of hands-on experience with Selenium.
- 2 years of hands-on experience with Page Object Models.
- 2 years of hands-on experience with Postman.
- 2 years of experience in performance and load testing for web-based applications.
- Authorized to work in the US with or without sponsorship in the future.
- 5 years of QA testing experience.
- 3 years of hands-on experience using manual and automated Test Tools (i.e Selenium, WaitR, Cucumber, Calabash, Appium, Postman, SoapUI).
- REST Assured experience a plus.
- Experience testing for iOS, Android.
- Experience with ETL.
About the Product
LifeScore 360 is an algorithmic underwriting solution that enables insurers to more efficiently and accurately measure the risk of their applicants and make decisions more quickly. In contrast with traditional underwriting approaches that rely on linear processes and manual analysis, LifeScore 360 leverages machine learning to instantly deliver an individual risk score and the driving factors behind it. LifeScore 360 significantly reduces the time to issue a policy, improves the take rate on offered policies, and improves claims experience for insurers. We’ve proven the impacts to the bottom line within MassMutual and have created a new company specifically to bring this technology to the broader insurance carrier market through selected industry