Markforged is liberating designers and engineers from the long lead times and high costs of traditional manufacturing. We build cutting-edge next generation cloud connected industrial 3D printers that produce parts 50x faster that are 23x stronger and 20x lower-cost. NASA, Google, Ford, Amazon, Siemens and thousands of companies in 50 countries use Markforged printers to produce same-day prototypes and stronger end-use parts than ever before.
Our software technologies and tools empower our customers to configure print-ready parts, visualize part geometry in 3D, and push to IoT-connected printers for printing with our composite and metal solutions.
As a Quality Engineer, you will use your knowledge of test methodologies to create and validate customer use cases ensuring the seamless operation of the Markforged system and verify proper operation of the software and hardware products. You will work closely with Product Management, Hardware and Software Engineering to outline and create these customer-based tests. Your contributions will ensure a seamless customer experience with all aspects of the products to guarantee the output of high quality prints.
As part of the Quality Engineering team, you would be helping to found and build the tests and infrastructure necessary to enable the scaling and growth of our 3D printing platform involving end-customer applications and IoT services. Your ideas will directly influence the company's future. You will do interdisciplinary work on physical systems and learn from best-of-the-best engineers across MatSci, Mech-E, EE, and Software.
We are looking for an experienced quality engineer who believes that “untested code is broken code” and can help us develop, qualify and deliver a modern front end stack that will scale to power thousands of printers that manufacturers use to accelerate their product development. We need a talented engineer, who likes hands-on work, to build and maintain the highest quality product as our vision moves forward.
In this role you will:
- Be a founding member of the Quality team and help create the strategy and standards for product and process quality in the Engineering organization
- As part of the team, create test plans and test cases to validate functionality, existing and new, in Markforged software components
- Create test plans and test cases to validate functionality in Markforged hardware components
- Automate test cases as appropriate as part of the development process and identify test cases that can be automated by yourself or others
- Participate in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Continue to ensure the proper behavior of Markforged materials and performance by creating and executing part regression suites and pushing them through the system process
- Work with a wide range of technologies to solve problems from end-to-end including: Debian-based IoT systems, security, AWS, Heroku, Docker.
- Improve engineering Quality standards, tooling, and processes
- Guarantee stability of the production environment for our customers
- Testing and debugging of embedded systems
What we look for:
- Passion for building products that enable customers to solve their problems
- Pride in driving any size project to completion
- Strong engineering background in fields such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Hardware Engineering, Physics
- Experience with writing comprehensive test plans which may include unit, integration, functional and system level tests
- Ability to script or otherwise automate test cases
- Familiarity with storage systems, cloud infrastructure and front-end frameworks
- Ability to work effectively in teams with technical and non-technical members
- Skill and comfort working in a rapidly changing environment with dynamic objectives
- Capacity to learn new skills, educate others, work autonomously, and make decisions with minimal supervision
- Experience with modern browser applications
- Experience with using Selenium, Katalon or similar automated tools
- Demonstrated ability to debug complex system problems
- Comfortable with Linux, security, and networking fundamentals
- Ability to take ownership of a project and execute it with technical excellence
- Knack for troubleshooting complex customer-facing systems
- Previous experience with 3D modeling and 3D printing concepts is a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Have 3 - 5 years in testing and automating modern, complex web applications
- Strong Quality mindset and demonstrated Quality Engineering methodologies
- Strong UX design and implementation mindset geared to making the experience easy for the customer
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent
- At Markforged, we have a culture that values learning, data-driven decision making, and prioritization
- We learn from failure and are not afraid to keep trying after others have given up
- We are a team of talented individuals and are looking to grow with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of improving how the world innovates
- We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more
- Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description