Quality Engineering Manager
The quality engineering shared services manager will be responsible for leading the team from both a technical and non-technical perspective. In our Agile environment, you’ll be a hands on manager, participating in design, development, and use of test and reporting infrastructure. You’ll work with all agile teams to ensure capability of functional and performance test automation, measurement of test coverage in each level of the test pyramid, and availability of test run results with drill-in trend reporting. You’ll advocate for performance engineering goals in each product team, measurement of these goals throughout the delivery pipeline, and drive effective performance monitoring practices in production.
About the team:
- The QE Shared Services Manager will form and lead our newly QE Shared Services Team, comprising functional and performance engineers. This is an very hands-on position based in our Burlington office, building an emerging group starting with 2 engineers in our Burlington office and one in Pasadena, with an dotted line role in our Beijing China office. This team centralizes test tool infrastructure, centralized reporting of run results, and radiating capability cross-functionally with product agile teams.
- Manage a distributed team of 3+ test automation infrastructure and performance engineers
- Work with your team on day to day issues such as work planning, design discussions and problem solving
- You’ll be hands on more than half the time early-on and less so as the team grows
- Work with Dev, QA, Release Engineering, SasSOps, with integrating test automation in CI/CD pipeline
- Plan & execute product test capability in a continuous delivery pipeline and system-level regression testing
- 5+ of test infrastructure development experience. You must be technical enough to be initially contributing to and drive continuous improvement in current selenium-based test tool infrastructure, and designing a new central run reporting capability.
- Experience in Java and Python, or similar languages of each
- Experience in selenium webdriver runner and library development, page object approaches, and testing within the browser DOM
- Experience with RESTful API and contract test approaches
- Experience with use of JMeter, Gatling, or related performance test tools
- Managed a team of 3+ software test tool infrastructure developers for 2+ years (experience managing a distributed team a plus)
- Jenkins CI pipeline steps (DSL step configuration management experience a plus) and test runner slave pools
- Backend experience working with server side developers in REST API functional and performance testing
- Agile scrum experience, good in sprint planning, estimation, and balancing planned with unplanned work
- Familiar with mobile test approaches and tooling, especially Appium and similar test tools
- Experience with SonarQube integration with Jenkins, including Quality Gate speed bumps and unit test trend reporting
- Experience with automated testing in the AWS cloud
- Experience with using SaltStack configuration management
Our team makes a difference during the most difficult times and challenging situations. Our people are dedicated to solving problems. Our software was built to save lives. Our unifying mission is to keep people safe and businesses running.
Headquartered in the great cities of Boston and Los Angeles, with operations all over the world, our team of 500+ dedicated employees support over 3,700 global customers every day in their most crucial moments. During public safety threats such as active shooter situations, terrorist attacks or severe weather conditions, as well as critical business events such as IT outages or cyber-attack incidents, customers rely on our SaaS-based platform to quickly and reliably aggregate and assess threat data, locate people at risk and responders able to assist, automate the execution of pre-defined communications processes, and track progress on executing response plans.
Our culture is all about “Making a Difference,” and we are proud to serve:
- 9 of the 10 largest U.S. cities
- 9 of the 10 largest U.S.-based investment banks
- 25 of the 25 busiest North American airports
- 6 of the 10 largest global automakers
- Over 1,000 Hospitals
As we continue to grow and transform the field of critical event management, we need passionate, committed individuals to help us carry out our mission. Click here to learn more about what we do.
Do you think you have what it takes to make a difference? Apply to be a part of our award-winning team today!
Everbridge is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, or sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.