Quality Engineering Manager
The quality engineering shared services manager will be responsible for leading the team from both a technical and non-technical perspective. In our Agile environment, you’ll be a hands on manager, participating in design, development, and use of test and reporting infrastructure. You’ll work with all agile teams to ensure capability of functional and performance test automation, measurement of test coverage in each level of the test pyramid, and availability of test run results with drill-in trend reporting. You’ll advocate for performance engineering goals in each product team, measurement of these goals throughout the delivery pipeline, and drive effective performance monitoring practices in production.
About the team:
- The QE Shared Services Manager will form and lead our newly QE Shared Services Team, comprising functional and performance engineers. This is an very hands-on position based in our Burlington office, building an emerging group starting with 2 engineers in our Burlington office and one in Pasadena, with an dotted line role in our Beijing China office. This team centralizes test tool infrastructure, centralized reporting of run results, and radiating capability cross-functionally with product agile teams.
- Manage a distributed team of 3+ test automation infrastructure and performance engineers
- Work with your team on day to day issues such as work planning, design discussions and problem solving
- You’ll be hands on more than half the time early-on and less so as the team grows
- Work with Dev, QA, Release Engineering, SasSOps, with integrating test automation in CI/CD pipeline
- Plan & execute product test capability in a continuous delivery pipeline and system-level regression testing
- 5+ of test infrastructure development experience. You must be technical enough to be initially contributing to and drive continuous improvement in current selenium-based test tool infrastructure, and designing a new central run reporting capability.
- Experience in Java and Python, or similar languages of each
- Experience in selenium webdriver runner and library development, page object approaches, and testing within the browser DOM
- Experience with RESTful API and contract test approaches
- Experience with use of JMeter, Gatling, or related performance test tools
- Managed a team of 3+ software test tool infrastructure developers for 2+ years (experience managing a distributed team a plus)
- Jenkins CI pipeline steps (DSL step configuration management experience a plus) and test runner slave pools
- Backend experience working with server side developers in REST API functional and performance testing
- Agile scrum experience, good in sprint planning, estimation, and balancing planned with unplanned work
- Familiar with mobile test approaches and tooling, especially Appium and similar test tools
- Experience with SonarQube integration with Jenkins, including Quality Gate speed bumps and unit test trend reporting
- Experience with automated testing in the AWS cloud
- Experience with using SaltStack configuration management
Our team makes a difference during the most difficult times and challenging situations. Our people are dedicated to solving problems. Our software was built to save lives. Our unifying mission is to keep people safe and businesses running.
Headquartered in the great cities of Boston and Los Angeles, with operations across the world, our team of 750+ dedicated employees support more than 4,200 global customers every day in their most crucial moments. During public safety threats such as active shooter situations, terrorist attacks, or severe weather conditions—as well as during critical business like IT outages or cyber-attacks—customers rely on our SaaS-based platform to quickly and reliably aggregate and assess threat data, locate employees and first responders, automate a pre-defined communications processes, and track progress on those response plans.
Our culture is all about “Making a Difference,” and we are proud to serve
- 9 of the 10 largest U.S. cities
- 8 of the 10 largest U.S.-based investment banks
- 7 of the top 10 U.S. technology and telecom companies
- 25 of the 25 busiest North American airports
- 7 of the 10 largest U.S. healthcare systems
- 6 of the 10 largest U.S. retailers
As we continue to grow and transform the field of critical event management, we need passionate, committed individuals to help us carry out our mission. Click here to learn more about what we do. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, apply to be a part of our award-winning team.
Everbridge is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, or sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.