Simply Business is more than our name. It's how we approach small business insurance: Make it clear. Make it simple. Make it affordable. Founded in 2005 (with our first international office in Boston launched in 2016), Simply Business is an online business insurance brokerage that specializes in one thing: protecting the businesses that entrepreneurs have worked hard to build.
Through blending a combination of technology, data, and insurance knowledge - with 10 years of expertise in the UK in how to build great products for our customers - we are looking to simplify the insurance-buying process for all small businesses across the US.
Right now we’re at the start of that journey. We need people who are looking for a challenge and have the drive and ambition to challenge the boundaries in whatever exciting project they believe in. We believe that people work more productively and imaginatively when they are free from rigid hierarchy and structures and we’re creating a colorful and collaborative environment to help support you in meeting your ambitions.
If you’re smart, passionate about delivering brilliant customer experiences across an integrated online and offline user journey, and enjoy solving complex challenges then you should apply to join our team.
At the core of Simply Business is our Customer Solutions Center (CSC) which houses our Licensed Insurance Agents who interact with current and prospective customers by guiding them through purchasing the right coverage of small business insurance. As the CSC continues to grow, we are seeking an experienced and innovative insurance professional to join our team as a Quality Specialist. This individual will provide internal support for our insurance producers on all matters - technical or product related - while also driving our quality program to ensure that our agents provide an exceptional customer experience, adhere to all compliance and quality standards, as well as identifying where there are opportunities for training and coaching.
As a Quality Specialist you will:
- Be the first point of contact and subject matter expert for all CSC Insurance Producers for all product and technical inquiries
- Partner with Insurance Underwriters, both internal and external, to ensure we are providing the correct coverage for our customers
- Work directly with carriers to get answers to underwriting and appetite questions
- Implement trainings and tools to help agents be more effective Help define overall quality strategy and program
- Recommend training programs for individuals and teams around areas that we, as a team can be more effective
- Listen to calls to coach around opportunities to provide exceptional customer experience
- Ensure that our licensed insurance agents are adhering to all compliance and quality standards through call listening, as well as delivering an exceptional level of customer service
- Deliver coaching feedback to supervisors and/or agents on customer interaction performance
- Monitor and evaluate individual and team performance through regular call monitoring, feedback, and review meetings
- Analyze and report on data to better understand trends in the CSC
- Perform regular quality checks within the CSC
What we are looking for:
- Extremely strong technical knowledge of all insurance products offered, as well as a strong desire for continuous education
- Strong knowledge and understanding of policy wordings and endorsements and ability to interpret them
- Ability to work cross-functionally
- Ability to build and conduct trainings for both new and existing hires
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to translate a policy to a tactical situation and vice versa
- Proven experience in performing quality assurance in a sales/call center environment
- Experience developing and implementing QA programs
- Experience with coaching/training others
- Strong understanding of quality and compliance regulations and guidelines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional listening and analytical skills
- Proficient in Google Suite and Microsoft Office
- Someone who is self-motivated and able to work equally well on their own initiative as in a team environment
- A commitment to quality, a strong work ethic, and a solutions-oriented approach
What are the benefits?
Working in our Boston Office, you will have the chance to shape a business from the very beginning, and an opportunity to develop and learn new skills across various technology and business areas as you desire.
Plus there’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call "core benefits".
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
• A salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day
• Group plan for medical, dental, and prescription drug coverage
• Short term disability, long term disability and life insurance coverage
• Participation in the Company’s bonus program
• Participation in 401(k) plan with a 3% employer match
• Commuter benefits to help cut down on commuting costs
• 25 days of vacation time plus 10 company holidays
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose)and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. We trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching and lots, lots more
It’s a big claim but we genuinely believe the Simply Business culture is truly unique. You sort of have to come and spend time with us to appreciate it. So get that application in and we’ll take it from there!
Everything we do comes down to these five values – empowerment, authenticity, simplicity, learning and pioneering.
In practice, these will mean something unique to every person at Simply Business, but if you’re considering working here, give them some thought. They’re at the heart of our story.
We believe in our people and the positive impact they can have so we enable everyone to stretch themselves
We celebrate diversity, avoid jargon and genuinely care about helping small businesses thrive
We attempt to simplify complex solutions to save our customers time and effort
We’re never done learning about new possibilities and act to explore them
We’re obsessed with finding new ways to create even better experiences
We want to meet you
As a company, we pride ourselves on inclusion in the workplace. We succeed as an organization because we are comprised of intelligent women and individuals from other underrepresented groups. We understand you don’t find that in a lot of companies, so we’re emphasizing it here should you feel any hesitation to apply for that reason.
The hiring process at Simply Business is focused on candidates who are enthusiastic about the role and company. So even if you don’t fit every qualification listed in one of our job postings, yet you feel you’d be a great fit, we’d love to meet you. With any luck we’ll be seeing you at an interview soon.