Security Operations Lead
ezCater is the world’s largest online marketplace for catering – a $60+ billion market in the U.S. We make it superbly easy for businesspeople to find and order great food for meetings and events, and we help our catering partners grow their business. We’re backed by $320 million in venture funding and in early 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion. Our mission is to power the world’s catering, and we’ll make it happen – even more surely if you come help us.
We are looking for a Security Operations Lead who will be responsible for actively supporting the availability, integrity, and confidentiality of ezCater information assets. The Security Operations Lead will participate in building out the functions needed to execute the Information Security strategy and roadmap. We’re seeking someone with the passion to get things done and the experience to help us do things more effectively.
What you’ll do:
- Lead team initiatives that achieve the vision for our SecOps program, including vulnerability management and incident detection & response
- Select, develop, and manage the implementation of systems, tools, and processes that will keep ezCater at the leading edge of security
- Break down security strategy into tasks that will drive the Information Security program forward
- Serve as the security subject-matter expert on the escalation process for security incidents and mentor junior analysts
- Stay current with security tooling (both OTS and open source)
- Create and maintain SecOps metrics for cross-functional stakeholders at every level to provide transparency into the effectiveness of our security operations
- Enhance SecOps controls for endpoint, infrastructure, identity, cloud, and enterprise application security
- Lead SecOps projects either standalone or together with our other InfoSec members and multi-functional teammates in IT, SRE and Engineering
- Eliminate repetitive manual tasks through automation
This is a great opportunity if you have:
- Understanding of Mitre ATT&CK matrix
- Understanding of scrum/agile framework
- Solid understanding of hardening, patch management, pen testing, networking, vulnerability testing, open systems, applications, and web and public facing systems
- Understanding of networking concepts
- Linux system administration experience
- Experience with security related technical tools similar to Palo Alto, Tripwire, Splunk, ELK
- Working knowledge of SOX, PCI or ISO 27000
- Experience with centralized logging infrastructure and SIEMs
- Experience in building, deploying and maintaining security assets
What you’ll get from us:
Importantly, you’ll get a tremendous amount of authority and autonomy. You’ll own your outcomes and see measurable results for your efforts. With ezCater’s radical transparency and trust, you’ll have open access to the data that drives our decisions. ezUniversity sessions will provide plenty of opportunities to expand your mind.
At the same time, you’ll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and here’s what else you’ll get: Market salary, stock options you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, a great office in the heart of Boston, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.