Simply Business is more than our name. It's how we approach insurance: Make it clear. Make it simple. Make it affordable. By combining exceptional talent, technology, data, and knowledge, Simply Business is the go-to online insurance brokerage that protects small businesses and the entrepreneurs who work hard to build them.
We want team members who have the drive to challenge boundaries. If you’re smart and passionate about delivering brilliant customer experiences, we’d love to hear from you.
We need a Senior Application Security Engineer to join us in Boston.
Reporting to the Lead Application Security Engineer in London, you will play an important role in driving the security mindset into the teams who are responsible for the applications they create, maintain and run. The successful candidate will help build a network of champions, define standards/guidelines, evaluate security products and technologies and strengthen our defenses through the SDLC.
As an Application Security Engineer you will:
- Collaborate on source code with developers
- Create threat models for new and existing features
- Mentor team members and security champions
- Advise on the security architecture of projects
- Setup and tune the security technology (SAST, DAST, WAF, HIDS, Container Security)
- Triage vulnerabilities
- Test automation (fuzzing, vulnerability reproduction)
- CSIRT member
- Documentation (policies, procedures, guidelines, training)
- Mentoring team members
- Running application security focused sessions (presentations, workshops and CTF)
Required Skills Include:
- Essential skills we are looking for:
- Sociable & Communicative
- Passionate about security
- Experience with threat modelling
- Experience as a software developer
- Experience reviewing vulnerabilities
- Additional skills we are looking for:
- The ability to read and write Ruby code
- Experience working with DevOps teams
- Experience working with AWS tooling and services
- Experience working with container technology
- Experience with BDD
What are the benefits?
Here are some of the great benefits and perks that come from being a Simply Business employee:
• A salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy, and the market we’re in from your first day
• Group plan for medical, dental, and prescription drug coverage
• Short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance coverage
• Participation in the Company’s bonus program
• Participation in 401(k) plan with a 3% employer match
• Commuter benefits to help cut down on commuting costs
• 25 days of vacation time plus 10 company holidays
• Flexible working hours and working from home
• Annual company trip, regular outings, and volunteer opportunities
• An awesome WeWork office with cold brew coffee, beer on tap, local pop-up events, and more
As a company, we pride ourselves on inclusion in the workplace. Simply Business is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Want more info on working at Simply Business? Check out our careers page: https://www.simplybusiness.com/careers/