Senior Back End Engineer (Rails)
Swoop is a rapidly growing business headquartered in San Francisco with a mission to deliver the best roadside assistance experience possible with technology driven solutions. Our goal is to provide stranded drivers with ease and transparency during frustrating and unexpected roadside incidents. Our parent company, Agero, is the market leader, providing roadside protection for 80M Americans and performing 12M roadside services annually. As a connected vehicle service, we are in deep discussions with leading car manufacturers about their connected and autonomous vehicle experiences. We combine the benefits of a stable, profitable parent company, while offering the career opportunities and pace of a Silicon Valley startup.
Here's a brief video about our company!https://vimeo.com/206753666.
Learn more athttps://joinswoop.com
About the Role
Swoop is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to build our client facing Open API to provide roadside assistance to everything from connected vehicles to insurance apps. You’ll help us develop the models, business logic, and GraphQL API layer to provide a highly available and scalable platform to run the roadside assistance marketplace we've built over the past 3 years.
We are a highly automated team using continuous integration with model, integration, and system tests to build a high quality product while maintaining a high velocity.
You can see examples of our work through our public API:https://api.joinswoop.com/
You will be joining a team at the beginning of the growth period - we've found product market fit and will be significantly scaling the team over the next 12 months. This position will likely grow into a lead position as the team grows.
We're offering top of the range compensation, plus bonuses, 401k with matching and excellent medical insurance.
- Work directly with and report to the VP of Engineering.
- Design Swoop's internal product related API's to support the React FrontEnd and Mobile clients
- Design Swoop's API's to support new Insurance and OEM clients
- Develop a Consistent, Well Documented, Tested, Performant Rails API
- You enjoy working at small companies and building systems from the ground up
- You have 6 -10 years of experience building backend software, preferably API based
- Deep understanding of API design and best practices
- You have extensive Rails experience
- CS or Engineering related Degree
- Optimization experience at the DB and Application layer