Senior Backend Engineer, Trusted AI
As a Backend Engineer on our Trusted AI team, you will actively contribute to making AI more accessible, actionable and humble and remove barriers to the use of machine learning and its deployment in production.
The Trusted AI team ensures the DataRobot platform understands the strengths and weaknesses of models and predictions it produces and is able to convey this information concisely.
Your responsibilities will include developing develop state-of-the-art reports and insights, automating data science tools, helping integrate our services via APIs, and working with some of the brightest minds in the industry.
DataRobot is based around delivering best-in-class data science solutions and this position provides the opportunity to build a core component of our platform that will increase trust in AI.
- Develop, test, and support features of DataRobot
- Create and maintain automated unit tests and functional tests
- Design infrastructure for new features with the input of peers
- Plan capacity, manage application performance
- Manage individual projects and milestones with abundant communication of progress
- Seek, give, and receive critical feedback in a constructive manner, including but not limited to code review
- 3+ years development experience in Python
- Demonstrable knowledge of computer science fundamentals, whether by degree or otherwise
- Linux proficiency
- System/performance engineering (profiling process memory/cpu/io/network usage, system calls, flame graphs)
- Personal drive to get things finished
- Effective communication behavior
Candidates can distinguish themselves with the following criteria:
- 8+ years development experience
- Publicly reviewable contributions to interesting development projects
- Experience with both python 2 and 3
- Experience with R
- Experience supporting user-facing code and APIs
- Data Science experience
- Experience/understanding resource management services workflow (Hadoop/Yarn, Mesos, Kubernetes, AWS, OpenStack, Docker or any other)
Individuals seeking employment at DataRobot are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.