Senior Devops Engineer
Senior DevOps Engineer
Full-Time, Boston MA
Salary Range: $120k+ plus equity
Who we are
Engineers at EverTrue work together to develop leading mobile and web platforms that support fundraising initiatives for over 300 educational institutions. We integrate with APIs including Facebook, LinkedIn, and Zillow as well as process millions of institutional records. EverTrue creates tools to make philanthropic efforts collaborative, efficient, and modern and our team demonstrates those same values in our work.
- Full Benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and disability plans
- A 401k savings plan with matching
- Pre-Tax commuter and parking plans
- Unlimited Vacation + “TrueAdventrue” bonus, which pays for an annual vacation
- Team Events including Tech Gives Back, annual company retreat, SoulCycle, happy hours and more.
What you’ll do
- Manage our infrastructure to ensure system availability and scaling.
- Work in an agile team to architect high-quality, scalable systems that follow best practices.
- Support our technology through automation, tooling, and monitoring.
- Mitigate security issues as well as manage upgrades and deprecations of systems.
- Mentor the engineering team regarding best DevOps practices.
- Identify and troubleshoot technical or systems issues.
Technologies we use
- Amazon Web Services
- EC2 Servers automated with Chef
- ECS, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, RDS, Route53
- ElasticSearch, Spark, Storm, MySQL, Kafka, Memcached, Redis, and Cassandra
- Applications are developed with Java and Ruby
- 5+ years in DevOps or equivalent experience
- Have in-depth experience with AWS services and Chef
- Experience managing ElasticSearch clusters
- System administrator experience on Linux servers and strong command line skills
- Be familiar with the concepts for Redis, Spark, Cassandra, Kafka, and Storm
- Experience with implementing HIPAA, GDPR or similar cloud security policies is a plus
- Experience with Terraform or CloudFormation would also be a plus
- Have a positive and respectful attitude with the desire to work in a rapid-growth, entrepreneurial environment