Senior Devops Engineer
Who We Are
Ellevation is a growth-stage education software company that is changing how educators work with English Language Learners, the fastest-growing student demographic in the country. We build web-based products for educators to help enhance instruction, improve collaboration, and increase productivity. We partner with 700+ school districts all across the country. Over the past 18 months, we have doubled the size of our team and quadrupled the number of districts that we serve. We are exploring building new products and entering new markets that we can serve, to expand our impact on educators & students. We are growing, have a highly engaged & mission-oriented team, and are looking to add talented engineers who want to build a sustainable, high-impact company. This is where you come in...
We are looking for an experienced engineer to add to our DevOps team. We are migrating from legacy cloud infrastructure to AWS, which will open up abundant opportunities for innovation & improvement. From targeted items such as increasing our usage of container technologies to broader themes such as collaborating on a re-design of our core systems to leverage key AWS services, we are energized at the possibilities that lie ahead. Your knowledge of AWS and sound engineering practices will help guide us to make the right decisions.
More generally, as a DevOps engineer you are known for thinking on your feet, learning quickly, and owning problems to resolution. You enjoy solving complex problems while contributing new ideas & techniques, leading to continuous improvement for the team. You enjoy close collaboration to find better ways to deliver great quality software in an open, DevOps culture. On any given day a DevOps Engineer could be adding code to the product, doing a code review, debugging a production issue, deploying code, or automating the build and functional test system. There are no silos; we work together to deliver business value.
- Operate, scale, and troubleshoot our SaaS cloud infrastructure.
- Build out new & innovative automation for our CI/CD pipeline.
- Develop and champion tooling & processes that enable others and promote a true DevOps & “infrastructure as code” culture.
- Build out and improve our monitoring and alerting systems.
- Propose innovative solutions to address or pre-empt the operational and business challenges that we face or will face in the future.
- 3+ years of experience as a DevOps engineer or Software engineer.
- Deep experience with AWS and the broader AWS ecosystem.
- Experience in general automation scripting (Python preferred).
- Experience with container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Software development & continuous delivery in a SaaS environment.
- A collaborative mindset coupled with strong communication skills.
- Commitment to continuous improvement and the mission; desire to focus talents on helping improve outcomes for others.
Great benefit plans, competitive salaries, unlimited vacation, 401(k) employer match, and so much more! You can learn more about our open and collaborative work environment here: https://ellevationeducation.com/culture