Senior DevOps Engineer
Senior DevOps Engineer
- Caring – We care about our clients, their patients, and each other.
- Ownership – We own our success and have the courage to make decisions.
- Respect – We respect and enjoy each other's journey, experiences, and gifts.
- Empowerment – We empower our team, our clients, their providers and patients to make the right decisions.
- Your typical day will include writing and reviewing infrastructure and tools code and configuration. Your days will be occupied by myriad AWS services, APIs, Saltstack, Terraform, Linux, CloudFormation, Jenkins and Python. You’ll work in an Agile/Scrum environment with your core team as well as partner teams.
- You’ll support our AWS cloud infrastructure to develop, test, and deploy Kyruus products. You’ll own defining and supporting the tools and pipelines to power the SDLC and make peers productive as they leverage them.
- You’ll evangelize the core tenets of cloud service reliability and provide application teams with the tools, methods and metrics to excel at them. You’ll help ensure our production architectures in the cloud are highly available and fault tolerant.
- You’ll take on technical tasks that are highly ambiguous with lots of unknowns. You’ll use your technical expertise and mental resilience to identify that something is wrong and identify what that something is.
- You’ll help educate internal teams on DevOps best practices in all aspects of our SDLC.
- You’ll report to the Director, Engineering Operations in the Engineering Operations department within the R&D - Engineering division.
- Help the agile team solve complex technical design problems
- Exceed the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers with high quality code and designs
- Assess business value, tech debt, and tradeoffs during task prioritization.
- Build, scale, and deliver dynamic and highly-available enterprise solutions
- Think creatively about how to use technology and tools to solve problems faced by our users and customers
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies to add to our stack.
- Understand the needs of our internal users and customers at the beginning of each project
- Provide complete, actionable, and timely technical feedback to your agile team
- Mentor fellow engineers
- Create an inclusive environment where your peers feel motivated to succeed.
- You commit quality code (lots!) reliably and on time to help the team achieve roadmap goals and customer commits.
- You regularly write quality documentation.
- You follow agile practices in your daily and weekly work.
- You learn about new tools and technologies and teach them to others.
- Kyruuvians in the Senior DevOps Engineer II role can move in a more linear career path along two tracks - individual contributor or management. From here, you could move up to be a Principal DevOps Engineer I, or you could move into a Manager, Engineering position.
- Kyruus also loves to see an internal transfer. If a linear career path is not what you’re looking for, you can work with you manager and HR to explore lateral moves to other parts of the organization as you continue to grow with us.