Senior Director, Security Outcomes & Program Development
The Senior Director of Security Outcomes and Program Development will provide a hands-on leadership opportunity for developing and leading Rapid7's strategies and programs for helping customers improve security outcomes. This person will partner with our Go to Market, Services and Product teams in developing and evolving our customer success strategies and security program development efforts, including working with our customers and partners to meet our growing customer needs around the world. This is a highly visible and critical role. If you are excited about the chance to be innovative, to build and lead next-generation security practices, to participate in strategic business conversations with CIOs and CISOs, and to have an impact on advancing companies' security programs, this may be the opportunity for you!
- Partner with Rapid7 executive, sales, marketing, customer success and product teams in the management of the Rapid7 strategy and programs to help customers improve their security programs and security outcomes,
- Be a security program expert and thought leader, advising and counseling CISO's and security teams on world-class security program development and security operations best practices.
- Develop and continuously update Rapid7 recommended cybersecurity strategies that leverage Rapid7 technologies, services, and threat information for improved security outcomes
- Maintain an expert understanding of the IT threat landscape for the industry, leveraging the Rapid7 research;
- Provide training and mentoring to internal teams and cross-functional team members across the Rapid7 customer engagement and service lifecycle
- Identify and share industry best practices in all parts of the business
- Work with internal Rapid7 teams to build cross-functional capabilities and offerings, including product improvements, security consulting offerings, and other Rapid7 offerings like training, playbooks, etc.
- Act as a security program expert within the company, as a CISO in Residence, that maintains the Rapid7 approach to security maturity
- Present to and engage with prospects, customers, and the security community at large, including C-level executives, both to continue to inform and evolve our security program strategy and to drive awareness and give back to the security community.
- 8-10+ years enterprise security experience.
- 3-5+ years experience as Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) or similar role
- Boston, MA or Austin, TX location highly preferred. Willingness to travel.
- Possess the ability to be a cyber security expert, and demonstrate deep security domain knowledge and expertise, with experience working with cross-team/matrixed organizations influencing multiple stakeholders across the organization.
- Be an expert on all of Rapid7's products and services.
- Strong verbal, written, and visual communication and presentation skills with proven executive level engagement and coaching.
- Commitment to speaking and/or contributing content at conferences, trade shows, and industry events.
- Education: Engineering / CS / MIS Degree (Bachelor's minimum; graduate work preferred) or 15+ years of relevant industry experience.