Senior Front-End Engineer
ezCater is the #1 online - and the only nationwide - marketplace for business catering in the United States – a $22 billion market. Our 2M+ on-time ratings and reviews, our 60K+ caterers and restaurants, and our 5-star customer service make it superbly easy for business people to find and order great food for their meetings. We’re backed by Insight Venture Partners and Iconiq Capital, we’re on a path to $1B in 2019, and we’ll get there - even more surely if you come help us.
We’re always looking for highly skilled front-end engineers to help execute our technology goals while riding this rocket ship of growth. At ezCater, technology is valued as a differentiator and also as a key component of our success. We push ourselves every day to better the codebase, improve performance, and deliver an amazing customer experience. Check out this VentureFizz article for a glimpse into our culture.
What you’ll do:
- Build industry leading web applications in React, leveraging GraphQL and modern testing frameworks
- Improve performance at every chance you get (we believe speed itself is a feature)
- Evolve the user experience based on A / B test results, analytics, and customer feedback
- Tackle exciting scale challenges
- 5+ years of hands-on web development experience in a professional setting
- Experience using multiple JS frontend frameworks and testing suites (some React experience is required)
- Proven strengths in designing and interacting with APIs (REST, GraphQL, etc)
- A strong appetite for learning (new frameworks, new languages, etc.)
- A disposition that is friendly, flexible, and pragmatic
What you’ll get from us:
Importantly, you’ll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and here’s what else you’ll get: Market salary, stock options you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, a great office smack-dab in Boston’s Downtown Crossing, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.