Senior Full-Stack Developer
CareDash is transforming vertical search for the healthcare industry. As the fastest growing doctor-review site, our goal is to bring transparency and accessibility to the healthcare space.
Our engineering team is looking for a dedicated Full-Stack Developer with a can-do attitude and experience building large-scale consumer web-based applications using modern programming tools. In this role you will contribute to a wide range of projects: from building technical solutions and working on core infrastructure development, to generating creative ideas with the goals of improving the CareDash product and supporting the development of web-based data visualization. Thus, we’re looking for someone with hands on experiences on the front-end frameworks - such as Ruby on Rails, Bootstrap, React - and a good understanding of back-end infrastructures - such as Python. The ideal candidate will take ownership of their work and is comfortable both making decisions and building consensus, as this role will have the opportunity to lead major technical solutions and to mentor more junior developers.
This is an exciting time to join our team! We are strongly positioned within a market that is massive and rapidly-changing, and equipped with a mission that is meaningful. Our team is small but preparing for significant growth, and as such you will have a big voice in the architecture and production of a platform set to disrupt the Healthcare Industry.
You’ll focus on:
- Brainstorming, designing and implementing database, middle-tier and front-end code with the end-user in mind, while delivering a high-quality development environment with excellent code and products.
- Participate in testing process in order to diagnose performance bottlenecks, quickly triage issues and create solutions
- Implementing websites at scale in a high-level language such as Rails (preferred), application and testing frameworks
- Working with other developers to launch and deploy new services, being product-oriented and understanding that the ultimate goal is to produce a great product
- Engaging in the full product lifecycle as part of a cross-functional, agile team to gain deep understanding of the problems we need to solve and apply that knowledge to building solutions
- Staying at the cutting edge of software development by learning and sharing new technologies and techniques with the team
- Promote the design and development of new innovative features from the technical side
- Develop your own ideas for code and process improvements and ensure the quality of the application through regular code reviews
- Being an active participant in the development of our team! (including culture, mentorship, and hiring)
- 3 - 5 years of experience in large scale website development
- BA/BS in relevant field or Engineering Bootcamp graduate or Equivalent experience
- Proven ability to instrument, profile, debug, and optimize code and resolve complex issues with distributed systems across multiple layers.
- Excellent software engineering habits: object-oriented design, unit testing, integration testing, data structures, etc.
- A hands-on attitude and a willingness to get things done.
- You have a desire to always be expanding and improving your skill-set and enjoy continuously learning new technologies.
- Self-motivated, collaborative and a fast learner
- Able to work quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills
Our technical environment includes:
Ruby on Rails, Bootstrap, Python,
At CareDash, we know that ability comes in different shapes. We value passion, dedication, and a willingness to learn. Please consider applying if your experience is close to what we are looking for, as we believe that diversity is a fundamental strength. We are committed to adding new and different perspectives to our team and encourage individuals of all races, ethnicity, religions, ages, sex, genders, sexual orientations and gender identities to apply.