Senior Java Software Engineer - AI/Healthcare
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Healthcare team...caring for clinicians the way they care for patients. Beyond words. We create technology that lets clinicians capture and document care quickly and easily so they can focus their attention on their patients.
The CLU Application group is responsible for Nuance’s services that use Clinical Language Understanding (CLU) to analyze physician documentation in real time and provide intelligent feedback. Our aim is to reduce the time that doctors spend writing notes so they can spend more time with patients, ensure that documents are as detailed as possible so the patient receives the best care, and streamline the billing process by collecting accurate and complete assessments.
As a Senior Java Software Engineer in the CLU Application group, you will work with a team of developers, QA and documentation staff to develop and maintain our Healthcare Applications. You will be a self-starter and work on multiple deliverables with dynamic schedules. Tasks include implementing customer interfaces and product workflows, coordinating Azure deployments, integrating new technology from other R&D teams or third parties, and supporting products already in deployment.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
Education: Master’s or Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related discipline.
Minimum years of work experience: 5 years
- 5+ years of experience developing full-stack commercial Java Web Applications
- Java, Spring, Spring Security, SQL, Hibernate or other ORM
- Test-driven-development using frameworks such as Junit, Spock Framework, Functional Testing, and Mockito
- Experience designing, developing, and testing microservices and REST APIs
- UI design and implementation
- Multithreaded application development and debugging
- Experience working in a cloud-based environment like Azure or AWS
- Experience working in Agile development team environments, including code reviews, source control management, general knowledge of software development process
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The React framework
- Linux command line and server administration experience
- Container technology such as Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience implementing web socket services and integrating WSS into a client-side web application
- Experience protecting secure or sensitive data
- Experience working in secure development environments, static and dynamic code scanning, security reviews, and code remediation practices in the context of production web applications
- Understanding of HIPAA compliance and requirements for securing patient health information
- Knowledge of hospital healthcare operations and standards such as ICD10, HL7, and FHIR
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.