Senior Mechanical Engineer
Bevi is a Series C startup that has raised over $60 million to bring customizable, healthy hydration to offices and facilities across the US and Canada. Founded in 2013, our co-founders set out to out-design bottled water. Within five years time, Bevi has saved the waste generated by over 50 million plastic bottles and seen revenue grow by 10x over the past 2 years! With offices now in Boston, New York, and San Francisco, we continue to grow our healthy flavor offerings and constantly strive to bring the next level of customization to the Bevi hydration experience.
We are looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to play a leading role in designing our next generation of products that will continue to disrupt the beverage supply chain. Working with a small team and reporting directly to the VP of Hardware Engineering, the ideal candidate will be responsible for the design of new products, from specifying system architecture to product support and everything in-between. This is an opportunity to be involved in all aspects of product engineering in a fast-paced startup, to rapidly grow your technical skillset, and to own the delivery of a new and exciting product that will change the way people think about how they get their water.
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer at Bevi, you will:
- Design, analyze, prototype and test hardware solutions that deliver delicious beverages without the waste of the traditional supply chain
- Contribute to a cross functional team of engineers to develop future products that satisfy challenging business, design and schedule requirements
- Lead the development of systems or subsystems and integrate multiple solutions into a single delivered product
- Work with suppliers and subject matter experts to design manufacturable, cost-effective components and assemblies
- Develop and execute tests to uncover problems and build product reliability
- Provide technical mentoring across all projects and levels
- Provide leadership and oversight in the design review process
- Drive work independently while managing ambiguity, and be proactive in managing and communicating risk
We think you will bring:
- BSME or MSME plus at least 5 years relevant work experience in complex system design that requires integration of mechanical and electrical components
- Systems design approach with strong tradeoff analysis skills and ability to drive to a final solution while evaluating multiple alternatives simultaneously
- Bias for action and strong history of delivering results
- Passion for collaboration and rapid development in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with modelling and analysis tools such as FEA, CFD, MatLab, MathCAD, etc.
- Professional experience with various manufacturing processes such as stamping, molding, and casting, and knowledge of materials used in these processes
- Advanced Solidworks user, or equivalent (NX, CATIA, etc) with expertise in CAD modeling, technical drawings and tolerancing
- Experience designing fluid or compact refrigeration / heat exchange systems is a plus
- Well organized and excellent communication skills, to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Competitive compensation package, inclusive of generous equity options for employees at all levels
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance plans with BlueCross BlueShield and MetLife, 95% paid by employer
- Fully employer paid disability and life insurances
- Wellness and fitness reimbursements
- 401(k) and personal finance education
- 15 days vacation and 9 paid holidays, plus additional paid days for sick leave, bereavement, etc.
- Paid parental leave for both primary and secondary caregivers (mothers and fathers)
- Monthly stipends for cell phone use and commuting costs
- Generous employee referral program
- Fully stocked kitchen and Bevis on tap - and composting and terracycling, too
- Monthly happy hours, pancake breakfasts, Hero awards… and more!