Senior R&D Delivery Manager
Senior R&D Delivery Manager – Alternative Investments
When finance professionals need to do big deals beyond business boundaries, Intralinks is their platform of choice for content distribution and collaboration. We help power financial markets.
When Whole Foods was acquired by Amazon, they turned to Intralinks to provide their due diligence virtual data room. When Ares Management LLC grew their investor base and raised more than $65B of capital they chose Intralinks to support their capital raising and fund reporting needs.
Intralinks needs you. We’re already the market-leader and we are still on a growth trajectory. We’re investing heavily in R&D to extend our platform and expand our SaaS portfolio. At Intralinks this means a mix of maintaining our flagship offerings with a good dose of pure innovation going into net new offerings. This a great place to be a developer, with lots of growth options and career development opportunities.
Our culture is one of agility. We’ve adopted Scrum and we need people like you to help examine what we do well and what we don’t do so well and identify opportunities to learn and improve. Our teams are self-managed, which means that your input is valued and there are opportunities for trying new tools and technologies to get us there faster. Our technology stack is progressive; CI/CD enables continuous incremental releases.
More specifically, we’re looking for a Senior R&D Manager to support the development and delivery of our Alternative Investments code base. As both a development and a delivery manager you will be responsible for providing technical and organizational leadership to your direct reports to ensure that the team successfully delivers against their stated program release plans. You will also be responsible for creating an environment for team success against their sprint delivery objectives, while striving for continuous improvement.
You have confidence in your strengths and you know how to work with architects, developers, designers, and product owners to maximize business value delivery through working software.
- Own cross-functional agile scrum teams responsible for the delivery of high quality/secure software.
- Collaborate with software architects, product managers, and program managers in the clear definition of requirements, designs, and implementation plans. Support scrum masters to reinforce scrum principles and self-organization in the teams.
- Drive improvements in enginering techniques, tools, and processes to improve overall team efficiencies.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to direct reports through open communication and tracking of activities as part of weekly 1x1s.
- Establish annual/quarterly objectives for direct reports that aligns with the overall business objectives and provide specific feedback against these objectives.
- Support the hiring process for additional personnel and successfully onboard the new candidates.
- Get to know your customer and empathize with their pain points so that when you solve their problems you share in the satisfaction.
You have to bring these things to the table:
- A Bachelors Degree in Computer Science.
- 2 - 3+ years of experience in managing the successful on-time delivery of complex cloud-based software applications.
- 5 - 8 years of experience in providing leadership to full stack software development teams (both front end and back end developers).
- Experience in Agile scrum-based development.
- Experience in translating product owner requirements into milestone release plans, including the ability to scope development efforts based on user stories.
- A collaborative attitude, an ever-growing curiosity, and a desire to win.
Be ready to tell us some stories that support the above.
It would be mind-blowingly awesome if you also have:
- A Graduate Degree in Computer Science or some other cool technical field.
- Meaningful DevOps experience having deployed via CI/CD, automated configuration management, Docker containers and Kubernetes, Helm.
- Something else that we’d be surprised to learn about you that also qualifies as awesome. (Cliff-diver? Community leader? Artist/musician?)
Surprise us with what you can bring to the table!