Senior Security Engineer
ezCater is the world’s largest online marketplace for catering – a $60+ billion market in the U.S. We make it superbly easy for businesspeople to find and order great food for meetings and events, and we help our catering partners grow their business. We’re backed by $320 million in venture funding and valued at over $1 billion. Our mission is to power the world’s catering, and we’ll make it happen – even more surely if you come help us.
ezCater values technology as a differentiator and a key component of our success. It powers everything we do. We push ourselves every day to better the codebase, improve performance, and deliver an amazing customer experience. Check out this CBS Boston article for a glimpse into our culture.
We’re looking for a top-notch, hands-on Senior Security Engineer to join our small and talented security team and help us elevate our game when it comes to designing, building and operating high-performance and highly-available systems.
At ezCater, every engineer is responsible for the software they build, and the Senior Security Engineer play a critical part in providing the tools, practices, and expertise to support them in a secure manner.
Our production systems are hosted in AWS data centers running multiple Rails and Node.js services in Kubernetes. We employ continuous delivery to allow our developers to deploy as often as they need. Our systems are stable and fire drills are rare. Technologies we’re currently using include:
- Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, RDS, ElastiCache) and Ubuntu Linux
- Kubernetes, Postgres, Redis, Memcached, ElasticSearch
- Terraform, Chef, Fluentd, Test Kitchen, DataDog, Sumo Logic
In this mission-critical role, what you'll do:
- Develop operational and security standards and champion operational excellence and secure coding practices
- Collaborate to create security focused tools and frameworks in Python and Ruby.
- Partner with engineering teams closely to educate and consult
- Participate in solution design for new security features, products, systems, and tooling
- Debug complex problems across the whole stack
- Own the maturity and growth of ezCater’s Security infrastructure
- Participate (and sometimes run point) in handling technical security incidents
- First line of defense against external threats
- Continually monitor application/system for threats and vulnerabilities
- Work closely with engineering teams to conduct root cause analysis for production incidents, and evolve infrastructure and tooling.
This role might be that rare opportunity if you:
- Thrive in a highly collaborative, no red-tape, rapid-growth environment
- Love building tooling and infrastructure
- Love eliminating repetitive manual tasks through automation
- Have a healthy appreciation of what it means to work in production
- Have solid Unix command line and systems chops
- Have experience with Cloud infrastructure
What you’ll get from us:
Importantly, you’ll get a tremendous amount of authority and autonomy. You’ll own your outcomes and see measurable results for your efforts. With ezCater’s unmatched transparency and trust, you’ll have open access to the data that drives our decisions. ezUniversity sessions will provide plenty of opportunities to expand your mind.
At the same time, you’ll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and here’s what else you’ll get: Market salary, stock options you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, a great office in the heart of Boston, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.