Senior Site Reliability Engineer
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology. Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Healthcare team...caring for clinicians the way they care for patients. Beyond words. We create technology that lets clinicians capture and document care quickly and easily so they can focus their attention on their patients.
Summary: As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer Nuance Healthcare’s SRE team, the candidate will be working with a talented group of cross-functional individuals to plan, design and build various tools, systems and infrastructure that enables continuous integration, testing, monitoring, elasticity and delivery of products and solutions on our hosted cloud platform.
A successful candidate will have experience building and operating public cloud solutions and have the drive to constantly raise the bar to improve how we deliver our portfolio of products. Read more about our solutions at https://www.nuance.com/healthcare.html.
- Use process and best practices to ensure the platform and applications are stable and performant.
- Keep the customer-facing applications and services always available
- Proactively identify hurdles to stability and implement self-healing and resiliency initiatives.
- Build and maintain tools that will help with day to day activities and orchestration of our cloud environments.
- Work to automate detection and resolution of recurring issues in the production environment.
- Participate in the Incident and Problem Management processes and assist the teams in ensuring proper RCAs are documented and follow-ups are delivered.
- Communicate with software engineers, QA engineers, product management and operations staff on a daily basis for sharing ideas, status on ongoing work and prioritizing future work.
- Implement Infrastructure as a service and Infrastructure as code practices wherever applicable.
- Stay up-to-date on relevant technologies internally as well as externally, plug into user groups, understand trends and opportunities to ensure we are using the best possible techniques and tools.
- Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing.
Number of Years of Work Experience: 3 to 5 years of experience in a technical environment
- Experience working as a Site Reliability Engineer or a similar role operating a highly scalable and distributed platform.
- Experience with operating large-scale production systems in the Cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure).
- Experience with monitoring tools like Nagios, New Relic, Prometheus etc.
- Experience working in a Linux and Windows environment.
- Experience with scripting language like Python, Perl, PowerShell etc.
- Experience with SQL or equivalent language.
- Experience using source control systems such as Perforce and GIT.
- Experience with configuration management systems like Chef, Puppet, Ansible or Salt etc.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Must be action oriented, capable of multitasking well based on priorities.
- Ability to build, use and configure metrics collection, reporting and alerting systems.
- Experience developing, deploying and integrating monitoring solutions.
- Experience with immutable infrastructure.
- Experience with containerization, Docker, Kubernetes, MesOS.
- Experience with continuous integration systems like Jenkins.
- Familiarity with and enthusiastic for software engineering best practices such as testing, continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Strong understanding of cloud concepts and Infrastructure as Code.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with the Atlassian Tools such as JIRA/Confluence.
Education: M.S. in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science or relevant work experience
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.