Senior Software Architect
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
As a Senior Software Architect at CarGurus, you will provide technical leadership in a fast-moving, data-driven environment. You will be deeply engaged in the full development lifecycle designing, developing, testing, deploying, maintaining, monitoring and improving software. You will deploy code daily and use data to drive our decisions, while delivering software and analytics to consumers and dealers. You will own your projects and collaborate with fellow engineers and product partners as you solve interesting problems with a global impact. And no, you do not need to know about cars to work here.
Who You Are:
- 10+ years of software development experience
- Expertise with Java or similar object-oriented languages
- Strong understanding of MySQL or similar relational databases
- Understanding of how to build high volume, distributed back-end services with latest technologies
- Knowledge of, or desire to learn search and / or related technologies like ElasticSearch
- Able to conceptualize, develop, test, and release product
- Drawn to and thrive in a fast-paced environment that pushes code daily
- Able to work independently, as well as collaboratively
- Experienced with building scalable websites (ecommerce) or large-scale applications
- S. degree in Computer Science or related field (preferred)
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.