Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
To make something easy for others requires skill, and we are looking for that kind of skill to design and implement an automation framework to test our server software. We need a framework on which tests can be built quickly and with ease by the developers on our team. We want someone who can design it, train others how to add automated tests to it, and extend it as new needs arise. If there is a desire to join product development, you'll be encouraged to transition to a developer role with the full support of a friendly, seasoned engineering team.
What You’ll Do
• Build out an automation architecture that supports the rapid construction of tests.
• Develop system, software, and component test plans, automated tests, and supporting libraries.
• Train other engineers on your team so that they can contribute automated tests easily.
• Be an active participant in guiding the automation effort.
• Bring best practices into that effort.
What You’ll Bring
• 5+ years’ experience with object-oriented programming (Python would be a plus)
• Strong experience developing automated tests and/or automated testing frameworks (Selenium, git, or Jenkins experience would be a plus)
You'll not only get to experience owning, leading, and guiding an engineering effort, but you'll also benefit from a highly supportive, cooperative team. If interested, there is opportunity to transition within the space of a year to work on product code as well automation code.
Why you should join us
Carbon Black is a leading provider of next-generation endpoint security, leveraging breakthrough prevention technology to instantly see and stop cyberattacks before they execute. With more than 14 million endpoints under management, and more than 4,600 customers—including one-third of the Fortune 100—the opportunities are massive and exciting. With 1,200+ employees, offices across the world, and the best-of-the-best tools for collaboration from anywhere, now is an ideal time to become part of the Cb Team. See where you fit best at Lifeatcb.carbonblack.com.
Carbon Black, Inc. is an EEO/AA employer. Carbon Black is an inclusive employer that believes in workplace equality, supports diversity, creates a welcoming environment, and respects the unique qualities each individual brings to the company.