Senior Software Engineer - Discovery team
Senior Software Engineer - Discovery Team
EdX is an open source educational software startup venture between MIT and Harvard. We are adding strong full stack software engineers to join the team in building the world's leading learning destination site and platform so that everyone around the world has the opportunity and access to education.
The Discovery Engineering Team at edX is seeking a senior software engineer to join a team that is responsible for scaling and building out a new discovery platform for our learners. Your work will help learners around the world find and succeed in courses on edX, helping them achieve their goals.
- Design, develop, deploy, and support scalable software systems.
- Collaborate with Product Management, UX, and Data Science to understand business problems and identify solutions.
- Provide mentorship to team members and assist with feedback on code reviews.
- Build and maintain operationally viable solutions throughout the software life cycle.
- Commit to owning your code and supporting the customer facing environment.
- Lead team members on independent project initiatives.
- Promote teamwork, research cutting edge technology, and support a vibrant innovative work atmosphere.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Real-world experience with web development frameworks like Django
- Experience developing REST API’s
- Demonstrated skills in building service-oriented architectures.
- Ability to problem solve and drive projects with loosely defined requirements.
- Experience working in an agile development environment.
Nice to Have:
- Familiarity with Open Source Frameworks.
- Prior work building Static Websites and Single-Page Applications
- Architecture and solutions development leveraging microservices
- Test Driven Development.
- BS in Computer Science or related experience.
- Familiarity with compliant front-end development standards and accessibility best practices.
edX is an MIT startup company that offers highly competitive benefits and retirement plans, a pension program, free lunches every day, and meaningful work! Are you ready to be a part of our Mission?
Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.