Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack
Ahead of the Curve.
No one knows the road like Agero. For over 40 years, we have provided the safest, smartest solutions for drivers and the companies that keep them moving.
As a result, we have become an industry leader, providing vehicle manufacturers and insurance carriers with privately labeled state-of-the-art roadside assistance plans and efficient claims management solutions. Our Roadside Assistance network protects more than 75 million drivers each year, providing award-winning service that helps motorists in their time of need while building customer loyalty for our clients.
Headquartered in Medford, MA with operations throughout North America, we are trusted by more than 100 leading corporations and used by 75% of the new passenger vehicles sold in the U.S. As a result, we have more information about cars and drivers than any other company. We use that data to continually enrich our solutions, maximizing our customers' opportunities while minimizing driver distraction.
DESCRIPTION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for building C# applications, including anything from back-end services to their client-end counterparts. Primary responsibilities will be to design and develop these applications, and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure.
- Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable C# code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Develop and maintain continuous deployment architectures
- Deployment of services and applications to AWS
- Serve on the on-call rotation with other engineers on the team
EDUCATION: BA or BS degree in CS, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalenT
EXPERIENCE: 3-5 years of experience with software development or MA or MS degree in CS, Engineering, Mathematics and 3 years of experience with software development
- Proficient in C#, SQL, PostGres SQL, Oracle or SQL Server
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as GIT or TFS
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Write reusable C# libraries
- Write clean, readable C# code
- Understand fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Familiarity with AWS or Azure, the Mono framework, Angular.js, HTML, and CSS
- Familiarity with various design, architectural patterns and continuous integration
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: Interacts with management and staff across the organization