Senior Software Engineer I
Want to work in a flexible, collaborative environment with other like-minded engineers? We hire smart, innovative, ambitious team-players and are looking for people of the same cut to join us.
About the Job:
How does a state minimize fatalities from tornados? How does a company minimize employee risk in the face of a global bomb threat? How does a health system communicate in real time, while at scale? At Everbridge you'll be solving the communication challenges of a modern economy at tremendous scale.
We are looking for a developer to continue building our flagship SaaS-based platform. We run a Java/JS//Spring/MongoDB/Elasticsearch stack and are working on building our contact and asset service platform in particular.
- Design and develop a robust and scalable contact and asset service to integrate with other products.
- Design and implement Microservices architecture for contact and asset service.
• Be a scrum team member and software leader that ensures the timely completion of projects with good quality.
- 5+ years of engineering experience with backend application development in Java
- 3+ years of experience with database schema design
- 3+ years of experience with NoSQL solutions such as MongoDB or Elasticsearch
- Experience building Microservices
- Experience writing scalable multi-threaded Java applications
- Highly self-motivated and must be able to work independently or within a team.
- Agile and Scrum experience is desired.
- Familiar Docker and Kubernetes
- Kafka experience
- Terraform and Salt experience
Our team makes a difference during the most difficult times and challenging situations. Our people are dedicated to solving problems. Our software was built to save lives. Our unifying mission is to keep people safe and businesses running.
Headquartered in the great cities of Boston and Los Angeles, with operations across the world, our team of 750+ dedicated employees support more than 4,200 global customers every day in their most crucial moments. During public safety threats such as active shooter situations, terrorist attacks, or severe weather conditions—as well as during critical business like IT outages or cyber-attacks—customers rely on our SaaS-based platform to quickly and reliably aggregate and assess threat data, locate employees and first responders, automate a pre-defined communications processes, and track progress on those response plans.
Our culture is all about “Making a Difference,” and we are proud to serve:
- 9 of the 10 largest U.S. cities
- 8 of the 10 largest U.S.-based investment banks
- 7 of the top 10 U.S. technology and telecom companies
- 25 of the 25 busiest North American airports
- 7 of the 10 largest U.S. healthcare systems
- 6 of the 10 largest U.S. retailers
As we continue to grow and transform the field of critical event management, we need passionate, committed individuals to help us carry out our mission. Click here to learn more about what we do. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, apply to be a part of our award-winning team.
Everbridge is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, or sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.