Senior Software Engineer - Master's team
Senior Software Engineer - Master's Team
EdX is an open source educational software start up venture between MIT and Harvard. We are adding strong full stack software engineers to join the team in building the world's leading learning destination site and platform so that everyone around the world has the opportunity and access to education.
The Master’s Engineering Team at edX is seeking a senior software engineer to join a team that is responsible for building new platform capabilities that will enable us to disrupt education by offering high quality, affordable online Master’s degrees.
- Design, develop, deploy, and support scalable software systems.
- Collaborate with Product Management, UX and BI to understand business problems, and identify solutions.
- Build and maintain operationally viable solutions throughout its life cycle.
- Support the open source community.
- Committed to own your code and supporting the customer facing environment.
- Value teamwork, cutting edge technology and a vibrant innovative atmosphere to work in.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Real-world experience web service development frameworks like Django
- Demonstrated skills in building service oriented architectures.
- Test Driven Development.
- Experience working in an agile development environment.
Nice to Have:
- Contributor to or consumer of Open Source Frameworks.
- Experience with React, Backbone and RequireJS.
- BS in Computer Science or related field of study.
- Familiarity with standards compliant front-end development and accessibility best practices.
edX is an MIT start up company that offers a highly competitive benefits plan, a pension program, free lunches every day and meaningful work! Are you ready to be a part of our Mission?
Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.