Senior Software Engineer in Test
Our Carbon Black Sensor team is building an essential security defense against advanced persistent threats and malware through comprehensive measurement, detection, protection, and trust capabilities. We're looking for a senior automation engineer who will help design and implement an easy to use framework that will encompass parallel streams of automation, end-to-end functionality as well as non-functional cases. Automation is central to our quality strategy as we continue to deepen and expand our product.
What You'll Do
● Design, build and continuously improve an automation architecture that is modular and extensible to support a product that runs on a wide variety of Linux distributions (RedHat, CentOS, SUSE, Fedora, Debian, Ubuntu, Amazon Linux AMI, etc.).
● Develop system and component test plans, automated test suites, performance tests, and supporting libraries.
● Work with Release Engineering to further integrate automation into the build system, striving for frictionless deployments.
● Assist in expanding the role of automated QA within the Engineering organization.
● Be a major contributor to your scrum team's automation effort and mentor engineers on industry best practices.
● Work with developers on improving the system quality (during design and implementation phases).
What You'll Bring
● 5+ years of development experience, including object-oriented Python programming writing automation tests
● Experience with Virtualization technologies such as VMWare, Docker, Vagrant
● Experience with Continuous Integration practices and tools such as Jenkins and GitLab CI
● Understanding of Linux OS concepts
● Experience with test development and automation for system-level and mission-critical software, preferably on Linux platforms
Nice to have
● Experience with C/C++ programming is a plus
● Experience with Security Software