Senior Software Engineer, Toast Capital
Toast is a rapidly growing company building the first integrated restaurant management software platform providing an all-in-one system for handling orders, managing the kitchen, and providing analytics on the health of the business. We are one of the fastest growing technology companies in the U.S., and ranked third on Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™ in November 2017. We move quickly and thus have lots of opportunities for career growth. If you’re passionate about your work and want to be in a fun and growing industry, join us!
We are building a new set of financial products around restaurant access to capital. Giving restaurants access to additional capital will help them grow and thrive, by allowing restaurants to invest in growth or address existing obligations. Our capital products will be highly data driven and customer self-service. The team will have ownership over driving the growth and adoption of our products, through improving customer acquisition and experience, as well as through improving the efficiency of the underwriting model.
Do you have any of these ingredients?
- Growing and evolving a production SaaS B2C product
- Building, training and evolving machine learning models
- Working in financial risk management or underwriting
As a senior software engineer at Toast you will:
- Learn from the problems that scaling a new product teaches us, and implement solutions to those problems
- Collaborate on code reviews to ensure technical implementations meet functional requirements
- Write tests and monitor business and technical metrics to ensure we detect issues promptly
- Diagnose performance bottlenecks and implement optimizations
- Mentor and guide less experienced engineers
We’re excited about working with you because you
- are respectful, empathetic, and humble
- take the success of the business as seriously as devising solid technical solutions
- want to work on systems that are critical to customer success
- can balance getting things done with making things perfect
- make teams you are on better over time
- like to get involved in deciding what gets built to solve for the customer and the company
We are an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and diverse viewpoints at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Our Tech Stack
Toast’s products run on a stack that ranges from guest and restaurant-facing Android tablets to backend services in Java to internal, guest-facing and restaurant-facing web apps. Our backend services follow a microservice architecture written using Java 8 and DropWizard; we use AWS extensively, ranging from S3 to RDS to Lambda. We have our own platform for dealing with user management, service elevations and robust load balancing. Toast stores data in a set of sharded Postgres databases and utilizes Apache Spark for large scale data workloads including query and batch processing. Our front-end stack is built as single-page apps using React and ES6.