Senior Software Engineer
Docent Health was founded with the mission of helping health systems and providers make their patients feel beautifully connected to their healthcare journey. Our belief is that ALL patients should be treated like high-value customers.
Our platform combines technology, human interaction, and analytics to help health systems do what is best for their patients and their hospitals, in order to provide a more integrated and fundamentally human patient experience. Our goal, in partnering with our clients, is to make sure every patient feels known, valued, and heard.
At Docent, you will develop applications used every day in hospitals. We care about the impact our work has on patients, nurses, and doctors in the industry. We need thoughtful and talented engineers to make this happen.
- Be an early member of the engineering team in a first-mover organization focused on cracking the code on patient experience to ensure that all patients feel known, valued, and heard in the moments where they need it most
- Help architect, design, develop, test, and deploy scalable, complex applications
- Work in a highly collaborative, mission-driven, agile product team.
- Embody the Docent values by operating with thoughtful efficiency, leading with data, and interacting with empathy
You ideally have:
- A desire to collaborate, coach, and teach while solving some really difficult business problems and building a world class engineering organization; you’re a learner not a knower
- Comfort working in an Agile environment at a fast pace with changing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly adapt to new technologies
- Strong computer science fundamentals; ability to analyze and solve problems, make difficult decisions, and own problems from beginning to end
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (both technical and non-technical): you can go the distance in a technical discussion but can also bring things up a level in a conversation with colleagues in other areas of the business
- Experience with automated testing, CI/CD, containers, cloud providers
- Previous experience with healthcare or other regulated (e.g. financial) software environments a plus
- 5+ years of software development
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering or similar; relevant experience is always considered in lieu of a specific degree path
Compensation for the role includes both market-competitive cash compensation and a material equity opportunity. Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, Docent Health offers a competitive benefits package, including Blue Cross Blue Shield medical insurance, Guardian Dental and Vision, and a 401K for employee contribution. We also have unlimited snacks, cold brew on tap and company-wide catered lunch every Friday!