Senior Software Engineer
Everbridge is looking for a developer for in our Mclean, VA or Burlington, MA office to develop a SaaS product delivering next-gen analytics, machine learning, graph analysis, data collection, and search. You will dabble with text analytics, face recognition, audio analysis, and more in one platform to ingest and analyze tons of data from a multitude of sources.
Our platform is AngularJS/NodeJS on the front side, and Java/Springboot/MongoDB/Storm/Kafka and more coming down the road on the back. Some on Docker, but all on Linux of course! We interface with best-of-breed APIs to do Natural Language Processing, image and audio analysis, geo-tagging, and much more, as well as rolling a lot of our own algorithms for analytics, search, and recommendations.
About the Team:
Want to work in a flexible, collaborative environment with other like-minded engineers? We hire smart, innovative team-players and are looking for people of the same cut to join us.
Here, you will work in a small team environment with other Senior Engineers to build our next generation of products.
Learn more about Everbridge and see photos of our office here .
Meet the Engineering and Product team here.
- Create data collection agents to pull in data from a variety of sources.
- Interface with a variety of APIs from AWS, Google to perform various types of data analysis.
- Develop algorithms to analyze the data we collect to surface relevant content and actionable insights.
- Develop our API to service a handful of front-end applications.
- Be a scrum team member and software leader that ensures the timely completion of projects with good quality.
- 5+ years of engineering experience with backend application development in Java
- 5+ years of experience with database schema design
- 3+ years of experience with NoSQL solutions such as MongoDB or Elasticsearch
- 3+ years of experience with API development
- 1+ years of Experience writing scalable multi-threaded Java applications
- CI/CD principles and hands-on experience with Jenkins, Maven
- Agile and Scrum experience is desired
- AngularJS / NodeJS development
- Hands-on experience with Ansible, Jenkins, Nexus (a genuine CI/CD guru!)
- Linux admin experience
- Big Data Technology Experience
Our team makes a difference during the most difficult times and challenging situations. Our people are dedicated to solving problems. Our software was built to save lives. Our unifying mission is to keep people safe and businesses running.
Headquartered in the great cities of Boston and Los Angeles, with operations all over the world, our team of 500+ dedicated employees support over 3,700 global customers every day in their most crucial moments. During public safety threats such as active shooter situations, terrorist attacks or severe weather conditions, as well as critical business events such as IT outages or cyber-attack incidents, customers rely on our SaaS-based platform to quickly and reliably aggregate and assess threat data, locate people at risk and responders able to assist, automate the execution of pre-defined communications processes, and track progress on executing response plans.
Our culture is all about “Making a Difference,” and we are proud to serve:
- 9 of the 10 largest U.S. cities
- 9 of the 10 largest U.S.-based investment banks
- 25 of the 25 busiest North American airports
- 6 of the 10 largest global automakers
- Over 1,000 Hospitals
As we continue to grow and transform the field of critical event management, we need passionate, committed individuals to help us carry out our mission. Click here to learn more about what we do.
Do you think you have what it takes to make a difference? Apply to be a part of our award-winning team today!
Everbridge is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, or sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.