Senior Software Engineer
Are you looking for a challenging professional experience that will deliver important and cutting edge solutions to our country’s warfighters and industry?
Beacon Interactive Systems is based in Waltham, MA and delivers mission critical software systems to the US Navy, the Department of Defense, and Industry. A successful applicant will play a critical role in developing Beacon’s Ship Systems and Digital Work Management Products.
We are looking for people who pride themselves on creativity, intellectual curiosity, teamwork, and share a relentless passion for delivering the best products to our customers.
Please Note: This position requires US Citizenship and the ability to gain a security clearance.
We are a group of dedicated and talented professionals who work together to develop quality software products. We work hard, support each other, are willing to share our experiences while being open to learning something new every day.
The agile development methods we use have evolved through years of experience and we are always refining our approach. As a team, we pride ourselves on both our positive impact on customers as well as a constructive and respectful work environment. Beacon offers competitive salaries and benefits, including a flexible work schedule and support for virtual offices.
- Utilize full-stack development skills to help build software products for desktop and mobile based on Angular, .NET and/or Ruby on Rails, using standards-compliant MVC approaches, agile development, and a well-articulated toolset.
- Work in small, distributed, agile teams to design, prototype and build new product offerings and enhanceexisting products and tools.
- Continually redefine development standards and best practices and keep abreast of industry direction and innovation.
- Design and document API level specifications and Data Models.
- Learn new technologies and approaches while contributing to the team.
- Keep abreast of and evangelize industry best practices, software strategies, standards and frameworks that will improve our engineering efficiency.
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, Music Performance or related disciplines.
- Experience with functional programming concepts, object-oriented techniques and how to consume RESTful web services as well as tools such as Node.js, NPM and Grunt.
- Competent to work on virtually all phases of application development.
- Experience with Version Control systems such as Git.
- Experience with configuration management and build/release planning & management.
- Experience and familiarity with Continuous Integration.
- Experience with Microservices and Containerization a plus.
- Self-motivated, innovative, willing to pursue new technical areas and capable of working independently.