Senior UI Engineer, Machine Data Factory Team
Senior UI Engineer
Machine Data Factory Team
As a senior front-end engineer on the Machine Data Factory team, you will create sophisticated applications for the automated processing, modeling and cleansing of machine-generated field data. Your creativity and deep knowledge of modern web application development will help us create best-in-class tools for visualizing and processing enormous amounts of rich data.
Indigo helps farmers move towards more data-driven and sustainable farming practices.The Machine Data Factory team plays a key role in ensuring that Indigo and our customers can trust the ground truth data informing Indigo’s recommendations.
As a front-end engineer at Indigo you’ll:
- Collaborate with Product Managers, UX designers, backend engineers, and data science engineers to spec, build, test and deploy code
- Brainstorm features with product managers and UX designers based on your knowledge of the codebase
- Learn about, use, and teach new web technologies
- Expertly review code, have your code reviewed, and mentor other engineers
- You’re an engineer with deep experience building responsive web apps.
- You have experience with multiple front-end frameworks. We primarily use Typescript, GraphQL, and React, but alternate experience is acceptable.
- You care deeply about performance, usability, and accessibility.
- You appreciate engaging and usable design, and sweat the details.
- You're comfortable collaborating with teams to discuss technical and usability trade-offs.
- You strive to create fast, reliable, and documented code that others can understand.
- You might have experience with Data Visualization and UX patterns.
- You bring a positive attitude, a sense of humor, and self awareness.
Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, conserve resources for future generations, and grow healthy food for all. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigo’s portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, barley, corn, soybeans, and rice.
The company is headquartered in Memphis, TN, with additional offices in Boston, MA, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil.