Senior Vice President (SVP), Engineering
Bevi is a Series C startup that has raised over $60 million to bring customizable, healthy hydration to offices and facilities across the US and Canada. Founded in 2013, our co-founders set out to out-design bottled water. Within five years time, Bevi has saved the waste generated by over 50 million plastic bottles and seen revenue grow at a rapid pace. With offices now in Boston, New York, and San Francisco, we continue to grow our healthy flavor offerings and constantly strive to bring the next level of customization to the Bevi hydration experience.
The SVP of Engineering will own technological product development across engineering disciplines, taking on a team of over 20 hardware and software engineers, not to mention a data scientist and food scientist! The team includes VPs of Hardware and Software engineering with backgrounds in top tech companies. The goal of this role is to integrate engineers from various disciplines to achieve greater results.
- Bring world-class consumer products to market faster and more cost-effectively than our competitors can.
- Own the technology roadmap.
- Coach and grow our team of mechanical, electrical, and software engineers.
- Build Bevi’s employer brand as a technical leader in the IoT space. Ensure that team members are achieving their professional goals and outpacing their counterparts in other companies.
- Design and implement strategies to collect and utilize information from our thousands of internet-connected beverage machines to optimize operations and improve the customer experience.
- Collaborate closely with our product team. and other departments to drive the product roadmap, assess the needs of various stakeholders, and make tradeoffs between budget, features, and timeline.
- Manage outsourced engineering firms, and make strategic decisions about what work to outsource vs. own in-house.
- Own intellectual property strategy in a changing competitive landscape.
- As a member of the company’s leadership team, help shape Bevi’s overall direction, and ensure technology strategy and business strategy are tightly integrated.
- Experience taking IoT or robotics products from prototype through to high-volume manufacturing, preferably in a start-up environment.
- Experience designing consumer electronics or other products for which industrial design and brand were paramount.
- A successful track record of rapidly recruiting engineers and building fun, cohesive teams. If your former colleagues tend to join you at new companies, that’s a wonderful sign!
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- A highly collaborative work style and willingness to make tradeoffs to keep projects on track.
- Experience successfully managing outsourced partners and suppliers.
- A strong understanding of design thinking.
- The ability to communicate effectively across various levels of responsibility with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- BS or higher in Electrical Engineering, Robotics, Computer Science, or a similar discipline (or equivalent experience). The candidate must have at a minimum basic knowledge of software, electrical, and mechanical engineering, with deep expertise in at least one of those disciplines.
- 15+ years of work experience developing and scaling successful hardware and software products, with at least 5 years in a hypergrowth venture-backed start-up environment.
- Competitive compensation package, inclusive of generous equity options for employees at all levels
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance plans with BlueCross BlueShield and MetLife, 95% paid by employer
- Fully employer paid disability and life insurances
- Wellness and fitness reimbursements
- 401(k) and personal finance education
- 15 days vacation and 9 paid holidays, plus additional paid days for volunteering, sick leave, etc.
- Paid parental leave for both primary and secondary caregivers (mothers and fathers)
- Monthly stipends for cell phone use and commuting costs
- Generous employee referral program
- Fully stocked kitchen and Bevis on tap - and composting and terracycling, too
- Monthly happy hours, pancake breakfasts, Hero awards… and more!