Senior Video Engineer
This is a great opportunity for an established engineer to hone his/her skills in engineering and project management and potentially manage others and processes. We welcome candidates who want to work in a team atmosphere and who can think creatively while watching the bottom line. There will be short term and strategic long-term projects with plenty of chances to pick up new skills and work collaboratively on interesting engineering projects (from remote production to facility integration projects – we do it all!).
The primary responsibility is to provide engineering support for studio and remote productions through the operation and the configuration of broadcast and IT related technology. Successful candidates for this position will be detail oriented, be able to manage their own time efficiently and enjoy continuous learning. Successful candidates will thrive in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment. This position requires some travel (
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and ensure that all facility trouble tickets and project tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Proactively addresses facility and workflow inefficiencies.
- Troubleshoot technical issues by utilizing a solid knowledge of a mixed analog/digital, SD/HD broadcast environment, including:
- Camera setup and configuration
- Audio and video levels
- Patching and routing
- Broadcast transmission methods
- Broadcast intercoms
- Signal quality control and measurement
- Design complex audio/video systems.
- Integrate/Install temporary and permanent broadcast equipment using clean wiring practices and provide project management.
- Configure and operate MPEG2 and MPEG4 encoding equipment.
- Configure and operate webcasting hardware and software.
- Configure and troubleshoot computers, routers and other computer networking equipment.
- Fill position of EIC and Video Shader during productions.
- Work with Production Managers, Operations and Sales prior to events to determine how best to fulfill our customer's technical requirements.
- Create and maintain system and SOP documentation.
- Work with vendors for equipment and parts purchasing, and outside equipment repairs.
- Work with Operations staff to promote best practices.
- Participate in support group on-call rotation.
- Other Duties as assigned by your manager.
Areas for Growth:
- Broadcast system design and R&D
- Linux and Windows system administration
- Video compression and streaming technologies
Education and skills requirement:
- BS in EE/CS
- Experience with C or C++ and Java
- Experience with web application architecture
- Knowledge of Linux, networking technologies & protocols
- 3-5 years of experience configuring video production equipment or in A/V systems integration
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent technical work experience
- Technical and mechanical aptitude with excellent problem solving skills and a passion for cutting edge technology
- Ability to train others, and to learn from others.
- Mature judgment to make sound decisions based on objective evidence, customer and VideoLink needs, and cost considerations.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Self-motivated, organized and resourceful with strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Team-oriented – ability to work well with diverse, cross-functional teams.
- Work performance and cooperation that serves as a role model for all. Ability to maintain a positive attitude, even under stress.
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Proficient with AutoCAD.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
- Ability to lift/carry 50lbs. and climb ladders and perform overhead work.
- Ability to travel, including on short notice and/or for extended periods of time.
- Reachable outside of scheduled work hours.
What’s in it for you?
- Participate in the continued growth of a solid company that is a leader in its space.
- Grow your skills rapidly by working with a broad range of technologies
- Work towards leading the work of others
- Follow a path towards software and platform architecture design
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits package
- Paid time off
VideoLink is the leader in our space, providing tools related to low-latency video transmission and remote camera system control. We pride ourselves on our ability to provide elegant, technical solutions to the communications challenges of national broadcasters and Fortune 1000 companies. Our employees are the people who enable us to deliver on those values every business day. That’s why we’re always on the lookout for talented, ambitious people who can make a substantial contribution to our team of smart, down-to-earth, hardworking professionals. We offer competitive pay and a balanced culture where your contributions will matter and will be visible.
If your interest and skills match the needs of the position, please apply with both a resume and a cover letter. Thank you.
VideoLink affirms in policy and in practice that all employment decisions will be based on merit and business needs and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation or any other factor protected by law.