Senior/Principal Software Engineers - Platform
About Kyruus Engineering
- You have 4-10 years’ experience developing commercial SaaS software using modern architectures and design patterns for performance, scalability, availability, and seamless deployment.
- You enjoy coding and deliver high-quality, robustly designed, easy-to-reason-about software with your proficiency in Python and ability to use Flask to build microservices.
- You have experience in at least one of –
- Experience with authentication and authorization schemes, building your own solutions and/or leveraging SSO.
- Experience with search applications or recommender systems utilizing open source search engines such as Elasticsearch, SOLR/Lucene.
- Experience with devops practices, using (if not building) tools and practices to automate everything in sight.
- You embrace and thrive in an Agile development environment. You are able to translate user stories and requirements into functional designs, and then break them down into the parts that you can build.
- You are able to troubleshoot issues, identify root cause of errors in code, and provide effective solutions. You take responsibility for quality and always write comprehensive unit and functional tests.
- You are skilled at communicating your ideas and designs to your teammates, actively ask for help, seek opportunities to share relevant knowledge, and enjoy mentoring.
- You are comfortable using Amazon Web Service components (e.g., EC2, S3, EMR, ELB, Lambda) to build scalable, resilient solutions.
- You have knowledge of managing and optimizing scalable and distributed databases, SQL and/or NoSQL.
- You have knowledge of performance optimization, parallelization, and distributed systems.
- You believe continuous integration and monitoring is important, and have familiarity with tools such as Jenkins, NewRelic, and Sentry.