Site Reliability Engineer
At MassMutual, we’re passionate about helping millions of people find financial freedom and this passion has driven our approach to developing meaningful experiences for our customers. The Site Reliability team, part of MassMutual’s Customer Experience organization, is comprised of highly skilled, collaborative, problem solvers who are motivated to create innovative solutions that exceed the changing needs of our customers and move MassMutual – and the industry – forward.
To continue our cutting-edge work, we are hiring a Site Reliability Engineer to join our team.
What great looks like in this role
Our ideal Site Reliability Engineer has demonstrated problem solving skills, and is adept at working in an agile environment. You’ll use your skills to design, build, and integration of solutions or platforms spanning moderately complex technical and business capability domains with cost and strategic implications. Solutions may consist of proven or unproven technologies or multiple implementation technologies at once within domains that experience rapid change. The team culture of working collaboratively, cross-functionally, using new technologies combined with the work/life balance provided by MassMutual are core reasons people enjoy working on the Site Reliability team at MassMutual.
Objectives of this role
- To implement enhancements to the company's digital and data infrastructure, supporting internal customer's operational needs.
Daily and monthly responsibilities
- Accountable for planning, design, and engineering of infrastructure and platforms, including hardware, operation systems, database management systems, network and security.
- Work closely with Architects and may provide support to more senior staff to ensure the designs align with the technological and business directions of the enterprise.
- IT deployments may involve Platform as a Service (PaaS), Software as a Service (SaaS), or Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
- System development and expertise in software, hardware, data structures, integration, communications technology, as well as other emerging services across multiple platforms.
- Operate AWS cloud-based infrastructure systems to support continuous delivery and integration pipelines (Docker, Docker Swarm, Jenkins, and Kubernetes).
- Operate infrastructure systems to support enterprise data science and analytics capabilities, including streaming and real-time analytics (Kafka, Spark Streaming, and Snowplow).
- Build automation tools and scripts to help operational requirements.
- Additional demand to support internal customers for SRE/DevOps work effort.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 1-3 years’ experience in software development and/or engineering roles.
- Prior experience with Linux, troubleshooting and coding/scripting using high-level languages (i.e. Python, Java, Scala, Go).
- Prior experience with AWS or Google or Azure cloud infrastructure automation and DevOps workflows.
- Demonstrates problem solving skills through engineering solutions and open source tools.
- Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship now or in the future.
- A passion for automation and building self-healing resilient systems.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable working on multiple tasks in an agile mode.