Software Architect, Platform
What you'll work on
- Provide architectural guidance to platform teams to maximize reliability, scalability and security of the core services they deliver
- Develop the core code for and have overall responsibility for quality, stability and timely delivery of the platform services
- Collaborate with upstream engineering teams to help define requirements for and ensure adoption of the services provided by the platform team
What you'll bring to Circle
- Strong technical leadership with a proven track record of designing, building and deploying secure, highly-available distributed systems
- An expert developer with a solid object-oriented programming background
- Hands-on experience developing in Java, working with SQL databases, building microservices and running in AWS
- Proven track record of being adaptable and open to learning new technologies
- Excellent communication skills manifested as an ability to collaborate with other teams, listen to and share ideas and present concepts effectively
- Champion best practices and seek improvements to our agile processes, automated testing and continuous integration systems
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville. We’re backed by $250 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat), Accel Partners, and Bitmain, with offices in Boston, New York, San Francisco, Dublin, London and Hong Kong.
Circle Pay enables customers to send and receive money, across borders and currencies. Circle Invest empowers consumers to buy and sell crypto assets. Circle Trade is one of the world’s top market makers for major crypto coins and offers OTC trading services for institutions and high net worth individuals. Additionally, in 2018 Circle acquired Poloniex and signed an agreement to acquire SeedInvest, both of which enable us to expand our offerings even further. Poloniex is one of the world's leading token marketplaces. SeedInvest is the largest equity crowdfunding platform in the United States, as well as a licensed broker-dealer.
Check us out at circle.com and download Circle Pay & Circle Invest for iOS and Android today.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.