Software Developer (API Integrations)
Here at LevelUp, a Grubhub Holdings Inc. Company, we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 17+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 105,000 restaurants in 2,000 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, Eat24).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
LevelUp is looking for a Software Developer to build and maintain integrations with online ordering providers (e.g. Delivery.com, Olo, etc.) These integrations power LevelUp’s “Network,” restaurants that allow LevelUp users to place orders and have their food ready when they arrive. The role requires a mix of technical problem solving and clear communication from an engineer who is self-directed, innovative and execution focused.
LevelUp’s “network” refers to the 100K+ restaurants where a LevelUp user can bring up a menu, place an order and have the food ready when they arrive. LevelUp does not handle fulfillment with the restaurant. Instead we pull the menu data from an online ordering provider (e.g. Delivery.com) send the order to the provider and the provider sends the order to the restaurant. This position works on the team responsible for building and maintaining the integrations with online ordering providers.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle:
- Programmatically implement and maintain integrations with third-party online ordering providers
- Evaluate third party APIs to determine capabilities, work with external engineering teams as needed to expose desired functionality.
- Communicate with both internal and external engineering teams
- Product technical documentation and help develop internal knowledge base and best practices.
You Should Have:
- 2+ years of relevant software development experience
- Team player with excellent written and spoken English communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or ample real-world experience
Got These? Even Better:
- Experience working with Ruby on Rails to build and maintain a large-scale, high-availability web application with an active and growing user base
- Confidence writing tests for high-risk functionality like financial transactions
- Distributed version control expertise with Git
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected]
and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.