Software Development Engineer in Test
Test automation is key to developing mission-critical software in an Agile development environment. We’re looking for a technically curious Software Development Engineer in Test who wants to work on cutting-edge industrial automation involving a real-time machine vision and robot control pipeline - you should love writing software to test software and building bullet-proof systems.
- Architect and implement a test automation infrastructure to support a system that involves the interplay of hardware, software and physical systems
- Work closely with the software development team to establish a test strategy for new features.
- Collaborate with the automation team to build out functional and regression automation tests.
- Analyze performance data, collect metrics, and generate comprehensive test results
- Deploy tools to analyze code coverage and then incorporate tests to achieve acceptable code coverage
- Investigate, analyze, and debug test failures to ensure actionable reporting
- Educate other members of our software team on testing best practices and design for testability
- Keep up with relevant developments in testing and testability best practices and tools
- A software engineer with 5+ years of development or test framework development experience
- Experienced with software testing and test automation including unit, integration, system and acceptance testing
- Experienced designing test automation infrastructure including creating abstraction layers and libraries for maximum code reuse. Also, experienced with building scalable test cases so they execute quickly and run in parallel
- Detail-oriented, with a balance of pragmatism and perfectionism
- A first-principles thinker who can invent novel solutions to challenging technical problems
- Willing to operate outside your area of direct expertise to solve hard problems with the rest of our cross-disciplinary team
- Experience designing and administering continuous/automated integration systems
- Experience with robotics, computer vision, or other data-intensive applications
- You have worked in regulated environments such as functional safety or medical devices
Our Toolbox Includes
- Linux, Git
- Gtest, Jenkins, Docker, AWS, and Puppet/Ansible