Software Development Group Manager
- Responsible for leading a team of software engineers and will directly support programs in the development and maturity of flight and Autonomy software requirements, architecture, design, code, release and test.
- Lead the team with development process rigor and by ensuring the highest level of capability, consistency and quality of Aurora’s software capabilities, methods, processes, tools, and of your team.
- Support UAV programs directly, either in IPT lead role or technical software delivery role.
This is one of the strengths of Aurora leadership in being able to offer both group leadership and technical program contributions. Aurora’s work environment provides significant responsibility and authority to implement robust, cost-effective, and high-performing technical solutions.
- Must be a US Person (US Citizen or US Permanent Resident/Green Card Holder).
- B.S. in Computer Science or applicable engineering discipline. An M.S. degree is preferred.
- 7 plus years of demonstrated experience in software development for complex software that interacts with typical embedded systems software - sensors inputs, control loops, networking, and redundancy are example functions.
- Industrial Background in UAV’s, aerospace, automotive/ground robotics.
- Demonstrated experience leading, mentoring and developing 5 or more software engineers in a fast-paced environment, with a cycle of 12-18-month concept-to-initial capability.
- Must have delivered complete software products that meet rigorous safety-critical requirements (e.g. DO 178 or equivalent).
- Demonstrated experience identifying and implementing software tool environments to meet team growth, maintain rigor and enhance software development process to increases efficiency.
- Demonstrated experience working with a tailored system engineering approach with multiple concurrent programs with complex and competing demands.
- Demonstrated experience developing and leading effective reviews with clear entry and exit criteria that are conducted in an appropriate and consistent method across all programs.
- Demonstrated experience developing and submitting standard weekly reports and managing budgets.
- Intimate proficiency with using Model-based-design using Mathworks toolsets, auto-generated code environments to a flight-worthy standard
- Developed production software for unmanned aerial vehicles or robotics with similar rigorous performance criteria
- Embedded system design and software product delivery in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in earned value management system techniques and application.